Welcome friends, it’s been a month since I revealed my winter bucket list and today it’s time for the first update on my progress. Gathering with some of my favorite blogging buddies to see what we’ve ticked off so far and to figure out what’s left to do. While I call mine a bucket list, some gals prefer to call them activity lists or fun lists. But no matter what we call it, these are lists of experiences we planned for this season.
For past seasonal bucket lists, I have sometimes listed very specific activities. Other times, my lists have been broader and a little less defined. You can check out my ambitious 2018 winter bucket list, here. Or click here to review last year’s list.
No matter the types of activities on each season’s list, I need to be sure to remember that the point of these bucket list exercises is to live life more intentionally. And to pack some new experiences in with the everyday routines. Oh, and that nothing is written in stone!! I need to give myself some grace if our activities don’t go as planned.
Let’s see where I stand on my winter bucket list.
My Winter Bucket List: Update, 02.2020
- Make grandma’s cinnamon and orange rolls. ✔️ Made these for my Sweet Labor of Love Recipe Swap and Blog Hop post. They were pretty good but not as good as my mom’s. Need to make them more often to feel more comfortable with the recipe. I’ll get better! And plan to make homemade bread this week.
- Try 2 new restaurants. The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant, opened last year and I have been interested in trying it. Also thinking it’s high time we try Rosa’s Cantina of the Marty Robbin’s song fame. ✔️ Several weeks ago we tried a university area bistro called GeoGeske. The food was scrumptious but a little pricey. They had these little cheesy things with the salad that really floated PC’s boat. We visited Rosa’s Cantina about a week ago. The restaurant was kind of quaint and the food was okay. But not up to the standards of some of our favorite Mexican restaurants. The Melting Pot is up for consideration on this weekend’s date night.
- Visit our new neighborhood bar. PENDING. Several months ago the Tin Man Pub opened within walking distance of our neighborhood. We planned to hit it up the other day but didn’t make it happen. Soon.
- Listen to a book with PC. PENDING We have done this several times in the past. Thinking we could listen in the hot tub and then in the car when we are out and about. Haven’t picked one out yet but will get on that right away.
- Participate in Proverbs 31 online Bible study. ✔️ My SIL and friend Metra happened to mention she was doing this Bible study and invited friends to join her. I am on my 4th week.
- Scrapbook Lucia and Cami’s births. PENDING. Have been working on scrapbooking Lauren and Francisco’s wedding. Didn’t want to scrapbook the babies’ births until I had their parents ‘married!’ About have the wedding finished. Onward and upward.
- Take a course or class. PENDING. Had thought about a couples pottery class a la the movie “Ghost” with Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore but it was on the same day as PC’s first baseball game. Now I am looking into taking a mosaics class. Need to write a post about that!! It was providential that I found out about Terri Wright’s studio. I have started lessons to learn how to play pickleball, so that kinda counts, right?
- Attend a UTEP basketball game. ✔️ We enjoy cheering on the Miners during football season. And enjoyed a UTEP basketball game a couple of weeks ago. The Miners lost but we had good seats, there was kettle corn and cold beer, and fun activities during the timeouts. Would like to go again.
- Enjoy an Alan Jackson concert. PENDING. Confession: this has been on the agenda for several months. Actually, since we first met…so even longer than that. Can’t wait til 02.21.2020!
- Delight in a weekend away. PENDING. We really, really need this! Will be going to Phoenix for the last weekend of February for some Cincinnati Reds spring training baseball. Happy upcoming birthday, my P. Charming.
Let’see, with 10 activities on my list, it seems I have only accomplished…oh, boy, 4 of them. Looks like I have my work cut out for me, doesn’t it? But I am nothing if not a grand procrastinator!! I have all faith that come this time next month when I share my final update on 03.21.2020, and my spring bucket list as well, there will be little green ✔️s all over the place.
Please link up your winter bucket or fun activities list with us. And then pop over to see how the other gals are coming on their lists.
If you don’t blog, I am sure you still have lots of activities you planned for this season. How are you coming along on those? Was there something you’ve done recently with the fam or solo that was especially fun or exhilarating? Share in a comment!!
Thanks for spending a few moments of your day with me. I am over and out and off to do laundry.
Hugs and kisses,