Good morning, sweet friends!
Well, April zipped right by. A lot like January, February and March. And here we are, ready to share our first 2019 spring bucket list update. To be honest, I hadn’t really looked at my list to see how I was doing until this morning. Printed my list and put it on the frig and promptly forgot about it. Was pleasantly surprised, though, to discover I haven’t done too badly. Allow me to show off!
2019 Spring Bucket List
So here’s the list of activities I hope to accomplish this season.
Let’s see where I stand.
My Progress, 04.2019
Think I will divide my activities into 3 categories. Begun and Ongoing, Completed and Pending. Should be easy to celebrate my progress and see where I need to get busy.
Begun and Ongoing
- Discover ways of finding peace. Begun and ongoing. Have enjoyed coloring, reading, working on my mosaic, and my Paint by Sticker book. I am being pretty faithful to my goal of walking each day, and I find that time spent outdoors to be very peaceful. The massage beds and light therapy booth at our Planet Fitness also bring me peace.
- Finish a section in my mosaic and finish scrapbooking Germany. Begun and ongoing. I did finish a section of my mosaic. And started another. Scrapped 2 more pages of our 2017 vacation to Germany yesterday while Skyping with my sister. Still have more to scrap. Remind me not to take so many pictures next time I go somewhere on vacation.
- Open my fashion haus. Begun and ongoing. Sure did enjoy putting together outfits based on the pieces in the Get Your Pretty On spring capsule wardrobe. And now the spring work wear capsule wardrobe is open. And, brand new for this year, Alison is hosting a Bust Out of the Rut make-up challenge. She will encourage us to get out of our makeup comfort zone, empower us with step-by-step tutorials, and give us printable shopping lists so we know exactly what to look for when we head to the store! Sounds intriguing. Click here to register. Not sure how springy this outfit looks, but it is one I wore to church recently. H&M tweed jacket, Express Portofino blouse, Loft Outlet cropped ankle pants, Apt. 9 black pumps from Kohl’s.
- Spring cleaning. Begun and ongoing. So far, I have cleaned out my closet and dresser, thoroughly cleaned our master bedroom and my loft. Hard to tell that my loft is clean…I know there are a lot of things on the shelves, in addition to books. But my loft serves as my craft room, my office, my library, my devotional space. So it is just a wee bit full of keepsakes and precious mementos. Next room scheduled for spring cleaning – our upstairs guest bedroom.
- Create a spring craft. Completed. My cactus and book page Easter egg projects. Follow these directions to make your own version of these eggs.
- Frolic in the poppies. Completed. Didn’t exactly frolic, though. I was more windblown about the poppies.
- Indulge in a spring mani or pedi. Completed. I think I have shared before that PC is not a big fan of bright nail polish – especially on the hands. Had originally opted for OPI’s Madame President on my toes and fingers but when I saw how deep a red it was, I chickened out. Instead, it was OPI’s Bubble Bath for my hands.
- Pay it forward. Completed in a small way but would like to do more. Worked in the garden at One Grub Community in exchange for my lunch. Also made a monetary donation to their ‘pay it forward’ jar.
- Try art in the park. Completed. Participated in a painting activity in March at our Tom Mays state park. Would like to do it again.
- Attend Easter church service. Pending. Will be doing this later on the same day that this post goes live.
- Go on a backwards date. Pending.
- Hike. Pending.
- Picnic with my PC. Pending. Hoping to bring our family picnic basket home with me from mom’s this visit and then we can get to picnicking.
- Run a 5K. Pending. Registered for the Braden Aboud 5K run on 05.05.2019.
- Take a class or course. Pending. Did consult the community college summer schedule for classes beginning in 06.2019. Might be able to start a painting, dance or ceramics class before spring gives way to summer.
- Update our outdoor space around the pool. Pending. Waiting to see what happens with PC’s job situation. Would hate to buy patio furniture only to have to cut it up and eat it if he doesn’t find a new job.
So, where do I stand? Five activities completed – although my pay it forward was a bit weak. In the begun and ongoing category, I have 4 projects underway. That leaves 7 items still pending on my list with 2 months left. Should come out okay, I think.
How are you progressing on your spring bucket list? Is there anything you have already completed that was a big hit or a lot of fun? If you are a blogger, please link up your spring bucket list update with us below.
Or leave a comment sharing one of your most enjoyable spring activities so far.
I leave for mom’s on Monday. Hoping to have some fun with her this trip. For right this minute, she seems to be holding her own, although one of her legs began swelling just as her hand has done recently. Planning to get her out of the apartment a little…for something more than doctor appointments, that is.
PC heads back to Washington on Monday and will be gone a couple of weeks and then his job here at Ft. Bliss will come to an end. Anxious to see what the future holds for us.
Happy Easter, my sweet friends.
Hugs and kisses,