Sweet friends, welcome!
Winter is winding down…supposedly, according to Punxsutawney Phil…even though we have a winter storm approaching. Which might just be a whole lotta wind! Not to be confused with hot air. Because so much of the northeast and midwest is still buried under snow with more on the way, I’m not too sure spring is just around the corner.
Winter or spring or somewhere in between, one thing’s for sure, it’s time to have a second look at my 2019 (2018?) winter bucket list.
2019 Winter Bucket List, Second Update
To be honest, I am still not sure if this is the winter of 2018 or 2019. Should have just left off the year, huh? Live and learn, or not.
Here are my winter bucket list activities:
- Create blogging schedule and follow it. As reported in my first update, I have begun doing this. Blog link-ups and my own series are listed in my agenda. Now I just need to remember to open my agenda. Somehow, I seem to think that writing in the agenda is good enough; that I don’t need to check it everyday. Yeah, not so much. Not with my senior moments.
- Have professional family photo taken. Last month, I explained that this is most unlikely. The opportunity to have possibly done so came and went with the Christmas holidays. But I’m still hopeful that maybe PC and I can have pro-photos taken. Maybe in the bumper crop of poppies coming up on the foothills of the Franklin Mountains near our house. This photo below was shared on Facebook today. Years ago I took photos of my daughters in the poppies, then painted them from the photo.
- Go on a backwards date. We DID! Kinda. You know how you plan things, and have this vision about how things will go? And then ‘things’ have a mind of their own and don’t exactly cooperate. Well, that’s what happened for our backwards date. Deets to come on my very first date night post, this Sunday. Mark those calendars…02.24.2019.
- Try the Total Body Enhancement red light therapy booth at the gym. Have done this 3 times now. Call me crazy (I get that a lot), but it makes me feel better. Lifts my spirits, energizes me. Need to get back in there again this weekend. Especially if winter returns with vengeance. (Okay, am I the only one who thought the expression was ‘with a vengence’? Which spell check didn’t care for.)
- Read. More. Need to get the lead out. I have been reading Girl, Wash Your Face and It’s Never Too Late To Begin Again for a loooong time. Enjoying both but need to wind them up. Also reading The Library Book with my virtual book club. And we are voting on our next read…hey, join the club and you can vote, too. Just started reading Educated but may have to set it aside when we begin our new book club read. Thanks to Kellyann, I am participating in a Bible study focusing on the book It’s Not Supposed To Be This Way….talk about a great book!!! Oh, then there’s Grace for the Moment that I am using during quiet time.
- Finish scrapbooking Germany photographs, work on mosaic, cross stitch elephant and painting. Oh, boy. For all the reading I am doing, I am not getting a whole lot of crafting done. HOWEVER, I moved my mosaic downstairs on the dining room table so I can keep it handy. Otherwise, I have to put it up when I get out my scrapbook stuff. Which I did on Sunday. See pages below. And painting? Yeah, no. Cross stitch elephant…a little in Kentucky but not since. A lot of work yet to do here.
- Dress up when I go out anywhere. Was doing well, then inventory at work. But ready to get back on track tomorrow. Isn’t that the best day…tomorrow?
- Try 3 new recipes. Our chicken cordon bleu soup was a new recipe. Served it in bread bowls which undid all of the carb-free-ness of the original recipe. Made this Weight Watcher’s meatloaf recipe for the second time ever. It is so good. But obviously need to get busy in this category between now and 03.21.2019.
- Lose the 5 pounds I found in Kentucky. Nope. In fact, I found about 3 more. Not good over here. But…yeah, there’s a lot more butt on me these days…but I am back tracking my WW points and going to the gym. Except for today. However, there’s always…you know it…tomorrow. Check me out, though. Ran 2 miles in 20 minutes and then kept running for a total of 30 minutes.
- Take a course or class…photography, piano, painting or spinning? Not yet. Kinda doing something on Friday that could count. Had it in mind for Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone, though. Stay tuned.
By my count, I have at least begun work on 8 of my 10 winter bucket list activities. Haven’t lost any weight but I am trying again. No professional photo shoot and no class or course yet. With one month to go, I think I might be able to put an check beside everything before it’s all over.
How are you progressing on your resolutions, goals or winter bucket list? Are there more ✔️s than ❌s on your list? Link-up your winter bucket list update below or leave me a comment below. Feel free to brag a little! And maybe it will set a fire under me.
Mom update: she is sick with a UTI again but in great spirits, going to the dining room for meals, playing Bridge and Bingo so we are all feeling relieved. Thank you for all the support over the past months.
And thank you for being my bloggy buddy. Always glad to have you spend a few minutes of your day here with me. Please run by to read some of the update posts of the other bloggers linking-up with me. Thank you!