Morning glories, today my buddies and I are sharing a final update 11.2019 on the completion of activities on our autumn bucket list. Have kept in mind the items still remaining since my first update, here. But we have had another emotional month. And hesitate to spend much extra money right now so had to cross a few things off the list. Let’s see where how I wound up.
Autumn Bucket List Final Update 11.2019
Wish I had one more week before time to share this final update 11.2019 post with you. Have a couple of activities that will be complete by the weekend. So cheating a little by giving myself check marks on them now. But I think you guys can trust me to be a woman of my word.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click a link provided I may receive a very small commission. Thank you for your support!
ARTS AND CRAFTS
- Participate in a Dia de los Muertos craft or activity: ✔️ We attended the El Paso Museum of History’s dia celebration, here, and then I made my own altar in memory of my nephew Andrew and shared it, here.
- Register for a Photography class at UTEP: ✔️ Registered and took a class. Want to write about it in another post. Disappointing.
- Sign Up for a Pottery class at Falcon Pottery & Art Studio: ❌ Forwarded from summer and now from fall onto winter!
- Attend a UTEP football game: ✔️ This is an activity chosen by PC. Just bought the tickets for 11.23.2019. Will be attending the ‘battle of I-10’ between the University of Texas, El Paso and New Mexico State in Las Cruces, just 30 miles down the road.
- Enjoy a progressive date: ❌ Out of time and not going to happen.
- Get a couple’s massage: ❌ My Prince strikes again. Haven’t been able to justify spending money on this right now. We did get a very tempting email offering a Veteran’s Day special. But we were tough and didn’t cave on this.
- See a good movie: ✔️ Another PC activity. Thoroughly enjoyed “Midway”.
- Halloween adventures: ✔️ We met up with the kids at the La Union, New Mexico corn maze and pumpkin patch. Read more, here, about the spill I took on the slide! Also, carved pumpkins and took Lucia trick-or-treating. We knocked this activity out of the ball park!
- Hike and complete nature scavenger hunt: ✔️ Carried forward from summer. We have gone on 3 hikes and finally, on the 3rd hike I remembered to take the scavenger hunt sheets. We found about everything except a feather! The photos below illustrate several items we did find on our scavenger hunt. Yucca seed pods, unusual rock shaped like an open book, appropriate for this retired librarian! Beautiful purple wildflowers growing among the rocks on the trail, and our ‘something unexpected’ a closed off entrance to a mine we had never noticed before.
- Run…okay, jog a 5K: ✔️ Pending but happening in one week. Registered for the YMCA Turkey Trot bright and early on Thanksgiving morn, 11.28.2019. Have started running at the gym in preparation. And my tutu arrived this week. Planning to wear it with my official tee from the race and some workout pants.
FOOD FOR THE SOUL
- Donate items for animals at the shelter and food at church: ✔️ Dropped off pup and kitty treats at the animal shelter yesterday! We donated food to our church pantry earlier in the fall.
- Paint rocks in Halloween/Dia de los Muertos theme and leave them around the community: ✔️ Painted some scarecrows early in the season. This week, I began creating some Thanksgiving-themed rocks.
STEPPING OUTSIDE MY COMFORT ZONE
- Share at least 6 outfits from GYPO fall challenge for My Fashion Haus posts: ✔️ I have styled 3 outfits from a recent Stitch Fix box. Check me out, here! Have been enjoying the great looks from the Get Your Pretty On fall 2019 capsule wardrobe challenge. Opened up my fashion haus again this week and got another post together. Check it out, here. And mark your calendars, girlsies, because the 2019 winter capsule wardrobe opens on BLACK FRIDAY!! Remember, Mommies and Mimis/Gabbas/Grandmas can be fashionistas, too!!
- Try new chili recipes – at least one in my Instapot, share for Tasty Tuesday posts: ✔️ Shared one chili recipe in an earlier autumn bucket list update. But girls, I discovered the BEST chili recipe! Shared it for our soup-chili-stew recipe swap and blog hop. Maple bourbon chili. My mouth waters every time I type or say those 3 words together. So scrumptious. Hope you will try it.
How did you come out on your autumn bucket list? Won’t you share your final update 11.2019 in a comment below? I really had no idea until I sat down to write this post what progress we had made. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. Out of 15 activities, we completed 12. Yay us!!!
If you have a fall final update 11.2019, please link up your post below.
Thanks for stopping in, sweet friends, and cheering me on for this bucket list and all my others in the past. Hope you will leave me a comment detailing your progress on any fall activities your gang has enjoyed. And then be sure to check out my 2019 mini-Christmas bucket list post also going live today.
Hugs and kisses,