Lovelies, it’s that time again – time for the Currently 04.2021 link up! As always, I am joining my friend Anne at Anne in Residence for this series. For today’s post we are sharing what we are currently arranging, craving, discussing, enjoying, and preparing.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Soooooo, until the last few days it had been a minute since I was able to write a blog post. Hired someone to give the blog a facelift for spring but it has taken close to a month to get the work done. And things still aren’t exactly right. In the meantime, to be honest, I have wondered if I should even continue blogging. Feel like I have lost sight of why I started in the first place. Which was to chronicle my journey into rediscovering myself in retirement. Been taking it to God for His direction and insight.
spring decorations. Almost didn’t get the decorations up in time for Easter.
a little peace. I know LIFE is crazy. There’s always tribulation. Twists and turns. But sometimes it feels we just jump from one crazy week to another. Anyone else feel that way?
Last week for example, year-old Cami started getting sick, became dehydrated and was hospitalized. Her mommy, my daughter Lauren, had to swallow a camera so doctors can study her gastrointestinal system. My daughter Brennyn and Mustafa were in a car wreck. My 94 year-old mom fell twice in her assisted living center. My niece and nephew were diagnosed with Covid. Our tax appraisal came and shows that our house increased in value by $20k even though we didn’t do one thing to improve it. Well, I did dust and vacuum. But come on!! Supposedly it’s because the construction industry suffered during the pandemic and houses weren’t built, so those of us already in existing houses get to pick up the slack. Check out this article, here.
vacation plans. The girls want to do all of our July birthdays – there are 4 – in Cancun. Which sounds heavenly to me. PC and I went to Cancun in 2013 after my first cervical spine surgery. Heaven on Earth. We stayed in an all adult, all inclusive resort. This time we would have the 3 granddarlings along (and their parents) so need to find somewhere else to stay.
This place, Moon Palace Cancun, looks pretty swell. What do you think?
getting back into my smaller clothes. Been tracking my Weight Watcher’s points. Have lost about 4 pounds which is just enough that my smaller clothes are fitting more comfortably. Participating in another StepBet walking challenge. My third. We are just into the second week of this month-long challenge and I have struggled a couple of days to meet my goal. Need to get back to exercising first thing in the morning. Ordered these St. John’s Bay women’s mid rise straight leg jeans from JCP in the fall of 2018. They were pretty tight then and still are…but hey, I can zip them up.
this very quick and easy cheesy southwest chicken soup. PC had a third epidural for lower back and hip pain today. Each time he has to take a sedative before the procedure then we always go to breakfast afterward. When he gets home, Paul is pretty well knocked out for the rest of the day. We had iHOP about 11 am so I just fixed this soup for dinner. I put it together in about 15 minutes and it was ready in an hour. Give it a try!!
You might remember the list of winter goals and final update I shared here. Patting myself on the back as I did pretty well toward realizing those goals. Going to keep my list of spring goals short. And the goals themselves kind of broad. Have a look see.
We are already almost a month into spring and these 3 goals will take some work.
- Spring cleaning: each room from top to bottom, including window washing and blinds, laundering bedding, curtains and drapes, and carpet cleaning.
- Finish mosaic: my #100DayProject. I have been working on it pretty regularly until the last week. Added black glass to the design and not crazy about it. Ugh. But discovered that a little too late!!
- Begin side yard work: in an effort to be more environmentally friendly, we are going to replace the grass on the west side of the house with xeriscaping. Going to add a flagstone walk with rock landscaping around it. Something like the one in this pin from Pinterest, meandering around our Texas ash and peach trees and our oleander.
Last but not least on this busy hUmP dAy… hodgepodge with my friend Joyce at From this Side of the Pond. Glad to be able to participate in hodgepodge again.
1. What is something you currently find ‘taxing’? Life lately. Ha! How’s that for a broad answer? Just worn out with everything right now…especially those things I outlined in my Currently 04.2021 response for the prompt ‘craving.’ Craving peace. My friend Carrie at A Simple Lovely Life shared this quote from today’s entry from Jesus Calling. It spoke to me.
2. I’ve seen this question asked in various forms on several social media sites…you can only keep three – coffee, jewelry, tacos, wine, books, dogs, chocolate, Netflix, make-up, leggings, cheese, cats. Which three do you keep and how easy or hard was it for you to decide? Books, cheese and kitties. Would try to negotiate for wine and chocolate. I love dogs but haven’t had one in close to a decade and have kitties right now, otherwise I would negotiate for them, too.
3. Tell us something you know or have learned about forgiveness? At this time of the year, many of us think on the forgiveness we have been extended through Christ’s life and death. I am not sure I have ever truly extended forgiveness. As in me forgiving someone else. I can set things aside but I rarely forget them. So if those issues, those situations are still back there in my memory somewhere, have I really forgiven or just moved forward?
4. What’s something you’d recommend that is often overlooked and under appreciated? Had to think on this for a few minutes. Bubbles. Blowing bubbles. Discovered the delight, beauty, peace of blowing bubbles through playing with my granddaughters. Truly serene and restorative. Preferably done in the company of a little you love. I can liken a few minutes of bubble blowing to a cat nap, soak in the tub, or a moment of meditation.
5. Give us a favorite word that starts with letter K and tell us why this is the one you chose. Kevin. My brother’s name and one of my favorite people. My brother is a dedicated son and loving father. He is a hard worker and a proud patriot. I love him very much.
6. Insert your own random thought here. Hope you will come back by for the April Ageless Style get-together this Thursday. We will be styling earth tones in honor of Earth Day, 04.22.2021. This year’s theme is “Restore Our Earth.” Thanks to my daughters and their husbands, I have become more conscientious about recycling around our house.
How would you respond to the prompts for Currently 04.2021? What are you arranging, craving, discussing, enjoying, and preparing? Would enjoy reading your responses in a comment below. Then be sure to hop by Anne’s and Joyce’s blogs to check out their posts for this month.
Off to play dress up for the Ageless Style link up. It is a beautiful day. Love having an excuse to dress up and be outside for a bit.
Hugs and kisses,