Gal pals, linking up with Anne in Residence for Currently 04.2020. These posts are always fun, kind of like Sentence a Day and my new 10 on the 10th series. In case you missed it, you can read March’s Currently post, here.
This month, we are talking about what we’re currently: buying, investigating, sharing, wishing and writing. As always, coming to you in ABC order, here are my responses. And you know I’m going to ask, so be thinking how you would respond to these Currently 04.2020 prompts yourself.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click a link provided I may receive a very small commission. Thank you for your support!
a little of this, a little of that. If the shopper can’t go to the stores, let the stores come to the shopper. I bought a seasonal annual membership for the Get Your Pretty On capsule wardrobes. While registration for the annual membership has closed , you can still join me for the spring 2020 capsule wardrobe.
Register here, please, using my affiliate link. And stay tuned, registration for the spring 2020 work wear capsule wardrobe will be opening soon.
Also bought these pieces from Loft Outlet. Should be here later this week.
Had thought the jade green floral wrap dress would be cute for Easter church service and dinner. But COVID-19. We can still watch our church’s Easter service online at home. And we’ve gotta eat, right? Hope the Easter bunny will come to my house and that my grands can be here with me to hunt eggs.
Ordered these spring place mats from Kohl’s in hopes of hosting Easter dinner here. Think they will be cute with the paper plates and Easter carrot cutlery I am putting together as a DIY while I am sheltering at home.
As an equal opportunity shopper, I tried to spread my business among several establishments. Ordered this skirt from JCrew Factory. It is one of the items in the spring capsule wardrobe. Alison pairs it with a striped tee and with a gray pullover sweat shirt. Hope the skirt will be a flattering fit on me.
Just can’t find any place to buy the bra. But we all know I have plenty of time since there ain’t nobody playing baseball right now. Thanks, COVID-19.
buying stocks. Yeah, who am I? Or better question, who do I think I am – buying stocks! Ha! I have downloaded the Robinhood app on my phone and I am going to play around at the stock market.
Just a few dollars each month but I figure this is a good time to buy, right? You can check out Robinhood using my affiliate link. And you can earn free stock. Here’s how:
- Invite Friends: Share your referral link on Twitter and get friends to sign up for Robinhood.
- Get Free Stock: Once your friends sign up, you’ll both get a free stock when their application is approved.
- Track Referrals: Remind your friends to sign up so you don’t miss out on getting free stock.
And Robinhood is considered one of NerdWallet’s Best Online Brokers for Stock Trading of April 2020 [source]. Plus, I like the name.
germs? I hope not!! I have been self-quarantined for close to 2 weeks. Trying to be safe at home. But Lauren just texted me to ask if I could baby sit Camila while she takes Lucia for her 4 year vaccinations. Guess what my answer was?
For no more lives to be lost to Covid-19. For a vaccine to be developed immediately. Respirators and masks and gloves and gowns to fall from the heavens in complete abundance. And I wish I could make things easier for my mom.
I called this afternoon and she just cried and cried. Physical therapy had taken her down to see her new apartment. But everything was pretty much everywhere, and the apartment is so far away from the apartments of her friends. It has all been too much. Mom can’t see much beyond the general shapes of things, so she can’t dial the phone, change the channel on the TV, or even use the call button to page the nurses in rehab. Wishing I could do something to make things easier for her.
On a happier note, though, we did get approval to hire one of the gals who works at the facility to go into Mom’s apartment and make her bed, hang her clothes, her shower curtain, her towels. Put clothes in her chest of drawers. Make the apartment look like home. What a blessing!
in my journal about feelings and thoughts during the crisis. I write as a part of my morning quiet time. For now it is just in a spiral notebook. But because this is a very unique, hopefully once-in-a-lifetime crisis we are all living through right now, I am thinking of getting a special blank journal just for this season of life.
In looking for that perfect diary, I came across a couple of interesting options. Like this quarantine self isolation planner Goodnotes self journal available on Etsy. And this GentleMental “Mental Notes – Therapy Journal” for clarity, mental health awareness, depression, anxiety and more. Not sure which, if either, is best for me. Maybe I should save money and carry on with my spiral notebook.
And that’s a wrap for Currently 04.2020. But before you go, allow me to share my spring goals with you.
2020 Spring Goals
Sharing my goals here always makes me more accountable. It’s easy, otherwise, to just sweep them under the rug, when I don’t accomplish them.
- Scrap Cia and Cami: yes, I do have 3 beloved granddaughters, but I am behind on scrapbooking Cia and Cami’s births. Thank goodness, I do have Cady’s birth-day scrapped! She is almost 10 years-old now!! Need to take advantage of this quiet, stay at home time to do this.
- Clean vents and carpets: this is actually a PC spring goal. We have wanted to have the vents cleaned professionally for several years. Once the COVID-19 crisis has passed, this has to happen. I clean our carpets myself but think it is time for a professional job this spring.
- Get pool professionally cleaned: oh, this pool. We have a big rust stain running vertically where the water falls from the hot tub into the pool. Although we can’t really tell what’s happening, I am afraid the plaster is so thin that the rebar frame beneath the plaster is rusting through. And this was going to be the spring that I ignored all of the issues with our pool and just enjoyed being able to swim.
- Update patio and backyard space: this probably sounds terribly trivial during this global pandemic. I get that. But we have wanted to do it for over a year. Hoping I can find a good bargain on new patio furniture. Want to buy new solar lights, and move our older patio furniture to our recently re-carpeted (thank you, PC) balcony. Our backyard could be the only place we go for weeks (months?) to come.
- Attend church online; Easter: I miss our Sunday services. Want to tune in for the live-streaming of our Sunday services while we eat breakfast on Sunday. Hoping we can have the kids over for an egg hunt and Easter dinner. And all of us get dressed up!
- Recipe swap and blog hop: I need your help here, girls!! I am planning to host a recipe swap and blog hop the end of April. Thinking that by that time we are going to need some new recipes. If you blog and would like to join me, let me know. But if you don’t blog, you can still participate. I will have a recipe thread on my Facebook page where you can add a favorite spring recipe. Or you can always share a recipe in a comment on that blog post. Put your thinking caps on and get ready to join me! Tentatively looking at 04.28 for our posts.
How are you hangin’ in, friends? Have you treated yourself to any online shopping? Maybe you are keeping a journal of these tumultuous days. Or maybe you are falling into bed each night. So exhausted from homeschooling, working from home, cooking, cleaning, entertaining your family and trying to just create some normalcy, that you couldn’t possibly write a complete thought about this crisis. A couple of nights lately, I have been too numb, too disheartened to write in my gratitude journal.
Hugs and kisses,