hApPy hUmP dAy, pals, and welcome to Currently 02.2021. I am linking up with Anne and today we are talking about what we are loving, reading, remembering, sharing, and wishlisting. I hope you’ll join in with us.
Also linking up with Joyce for another round of Hodgepodge (first one, here). And linking up with my new friend Denyse for her #LifeThisWeek link up. Plus – sharing an update on my winter goals. Seems like a lot of series are scheduled for the same days this year. But we can do this!!
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Without further ado, I give you…
Wanted to come up with some unique responses to this month’s prompts but not sure I did!
my family, my kitties, my time at home. And my new treadmill. It is teensy. And portable. Opened up it only measures about 4 feet in length. Folded up, it is only about 10″ deep. Would fit under a bed or easily into most closets. We have set up a cute little gym in our garage. We have a rowing machine, elliptical, and now a treadmill and our bikes in the garage. Inside we have weights, bands, and yoga mats.
Working on my bikini figure every day.
my online book club, “Come Read With Me,” just selected our February title, The Midnight Library by Matt Haig. I am reading it with my ears as in listening to the audio version. It is captivating so far.
Also reading – with my eyes – Rosemary: the Hidden Kennedy Daughter by Kate Clifford Larson. Started out with background information about Rosemary’s parents. Anxious to ‘meet’ the main character.
to work on my #100DayProject every day. Have pulled out and dusted off the mosaic table top I began several months after retiring 7 years ago. Discovered the #100DayProject through a friend’s blog. Decided it was the perfect push and encouragement I needed to get back to work on this mosaic. So far, so good.
Here’s how it looks today. I am working on the red around the outer edge.
not germs!! At least, I hope not. We have been well – thanks to God, and to a lot of handwashing, mask-wearing and staying our butts at home for the most part.
My sister and I did share the fun we had making our laundry day collages with a collage for our mom. Valerie made some of the dresses that hang on the clothes lines of the collage. And made the others. I put the pieces together on the canvas and mailed it to Mom today. This was such a great collaborative effort. Bought Mom a little easel on which to display her collage.
the children’s award books. The American Library Association recently released the winners of their prestigious children’s book awards for the year and I am wishlisting many of the titles. Yes, I do remember that one of my winter goals is to consolidate my children’s book collection. And I have done just that in the past few months. Almost all of my nonfiction has been donated to our neighborhood Little Free Library. But I like keeping up with current notable titles. Once a librarian…
If you are interested in checking out these award-winning titles, click here. I am picking up several of the titles from the public library (which just reopened drive-through service this week). Will peruse them before buying.
The winner of the coveted Caldecott Award for illustration in a children’s picture book is El Chupacabras by
Also wishlisting things I have seen on everyone’s Prime Purchases posts. Like Kellyann’s cute pjs. And magnetic eyelashes. And Lea’s magnetic bookmarks. Would LOVE to send one to each of my book club members. And a raised garden bed similar to Carrie’s.
My Winter Goals Update
- Create and keep to a blogging schedule: made a list of the posts I want to write and the series I want to link up for and plugged them into my planner. ✔️
- Set up planner: made a huge mess of the first 6 months of my planner because I got off a month as I was filling in blog posts and plans but it’s done. ✔️
- Purge clothes: clothes and jewels purged. Now if I could part with some shoes. ✔️
- Declutter: have worked on the closet and the kitchen. Following this decluttering program. We are decluttering and organizing recipes this week. I ordered this recipe binder with page protectors for my print recipes. This goal is a work in progress. 💪
- Consolidate remainder of children’s books: donated about 3 boxes of books to Lauren, Kindercare and our neighborhood Little Free Library. Still have some books I probably need to part with. Underway. 💪
- Feb 2nd is Groundhog Day in the US of A. Tell us about one day you wouldn’t mind living over again, and why you chose that day. Probably the second day we were in Cancun. I was just in awe at the beauty of the beach and the resort and the fact that everything was all inclusive.
- Something you know beyond a ‘shadow of a doubt’? I am loved.
- Give us an example of history repeating itself in some way, in your own life or the lives of your children. As I have shared, I’ve been married too many times. History repeated itself in my two marriages before PC in that I married someone I loved but someone I thought I could save or help. And in both cases, I was unable to do either.
- Snowed under, snow job, not a snowball’s chance, snowbird, on thin ice, snug as a bug in a rug, tip of the iceberg, snowball effect, run hot and cold….choose a wintry idiom and tell us how it best applies to your life right now. I often feel snowed under trying to keep up with all the blogs I want to read. My Bloglovin’ feed is ever-growing. But the hours in my days seem to be shrinking. I don’t know how to get to everyone’s blog in a timely manner. I know it must seem that I run hot and cold with my blog reading but if I miss a day (or if Bloglovin’ isn’t cooperating as has been the case recently), I find myself way behind. Then I don’t have a snowball’s chance of catching up. This isn’t a snow job. It’s just fact. I’ve been reading all afternoon while working on this post, and have just read the tip of the iceberg!!
- Your favorite sign of spring? Days staying light longer.
- Insert your own random thought here. It is so warm here today that I feel certain Punxsutawney Phil’s prediction does not hold water for El Paso. I have the back door open and am wearing short sleeves! Glorious.
How would you respond to the prompts for Currently 02.2021? What are you loving, reading, remembering, sharing and wishlisting? Are you making progress on your winter goals or resolutions? I am so proud of me!! Might get all of my goals achieved by the first day of spring!!
Hope you will run by to visit Anne and Joyce and some of the others participating in these posts today. Have a quick rest of the week! Thanks for stopping in.
Hugs and kisses,