Working on this post from my daughter Brennyn’s guest bedroom alongside my granddaughter Cadence, who is writing a story entitled “Emma and Her Sister and the Fairy Princess Journey”. Makes my autumn bucket list post look rather dull in comparison. Ha!
Thank you for taking a moment today to read my second autumn bucket list update. Click here to read my original autumn bucket list post and here to read my first update in October. Those items marked off my list below were highlighted in October’s progress report. Hope you will also follow the links at the end of this post to check out the progress of all the gals joining me for this series.
Autumn Bucket List Update
- Whirlwind trip to Germany.
- A week supporting my favorite baseball player for Senior Men’s World Series in Phoenix.
Sprinkling Autumn About
- Decorate the inside of the house for fall. Yes, which you can see here. But I also decorated my front door area (what do you call that?) and my mantel. And have failed to take photos. I am so sorry. Will take those as soon as I get home and update this post. Promise you’ll come back?
- Decorate around the outside of the house for fall. I guess the decorating outside my front door actually belongs here. Those pictures are coming. Had to move everything out of the way of the painters but will move it back and get those pictures uploaded.
Working On Me
- Work back to running 3 miles (given my leg holds out) and run 5K. We have fallen off and been run over by the exercise bandwagon. Pretty much just eating its dust these days. I did pull out my “Running a 5K” training schedule about two weeks ago to try to prepare for Rudolph’s Turkey Trot at Ft. Bliss. My time this year was about 4 minutes slower than last year but I’ll take it.
Running a 5k
- Hike twice. So far, only one hike this fall. But it was a grand one up to Dripping Springs. Once a mountainside resort 17 miles from Las Cruces, New Mexico, the hotel then became a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients where it is said that questionable methods of treatment were carried out.
- Create several fall looks from fall and work wear challenges. Pending. Really need to get after this seeing as winter will soon be upon us.
- Appointment for lowlights to blend away gray.
- Have monthly manicures without tips or gel polish.
Flavors of Fall
- Sample something pumpkiny twice a month. Have really enjoyed fulfilling this item on my list. Soup, pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin coffee, a pumpkin pretzel, pumpkin ravioli.
- UTEP football game. Cancelled. UTEP has had a terrible season. Couldn’t see paying money to go see them lose on a grand scale.
- Food trucks. Yes!!! Such fun. And we did this in the nick of time because the food truck circus won’t be returning to our northeast El Paso location at William Haddad World War II Memorial Park until spring. There were about 8 food trucks: a sushi, a couple of street tacos, a grilled cheese sandwich, Korean BBQ and more. I had loaded sweet potato fries and PC had a pulled pork sandwich.
- Try two new restaurants. Pending. El Paso’s first Saltgrass opened recently and we tried to eat there but 40 minutes was longer than we were willing to wait for a table.
As the Temps Dip
- Create Christmas garland for stairs. Bought the stuff, waiting for Santa’s elves to do their magic. Or to stay home long enough to do it myself. I am looking at you week after Thanksgiving.
- Fire in the fire pit. Pending. Bought the ingredients for s’mores…step in the right direction toward realizing this one.
Spirit of Gratitude
- Pay it forward. Sorta. Bought books for a child. And clothes for a homeless brother and sister. Students from my last sub assignment for whom my sweet sister purchased backpacks. But neither of those acts of kindness really count for pay it forward. So this is pending.
- Donate food for Thanksgiving. Pending.
- Have house painted, carpets cleaned and scrub house from top to bottom. I cleaned house pretty well before the Ohio Clingans came to visit. But not a top to bottom spring cleaning. The exterior of the house is being painted as I type. And will have the carpets cleaned very shortly. Can we go ahead and mark this one off?
Good thing there is still another month left to the season so I can tie-up the loose ends on this autumn bucket list. Most of the activities that are pending should be fairly easy to accomplish. Hope you will be cheering me on until we meet again for my final update.
How have you fared on any list of autumn activities you might have created? Won’t you share in a comment below. Was there a new activity you particularly enjoyed this fall?
If you have an autumn bucket list update to share, join our linky party below.
Christmas Cash Giveaway
Finally, if you haven’t entered our Christmas cash giveaway, and you are reading this before midnight 11.22.2017, ENTER..QUICK! Click here to do so. Good luck.
With Thanksgiving approaching, we seem to spend more time thinking of all we are thankful for. And I just want to thank YOU for spending some of your valuable time here with me. Thank you for the comments and support and friendship. I am grateful to you for keeping me from talking to myself!
Hugs and kisses,