Despite chilly temps and even snow in places all over the U.S., the calendar says it’s the first day of spring, in the northern hemisphere, at least. And that means it’s time for my 2018 spring bucket list post. Kind of hard to think of gardening and swimming already. I am going to try real hard to do so in order to be in the right frame of mind!
A Little Background
Early this winter, I participated in my friend Mary Clewley’s “Self Care for Women” Facebook group. Mary is the author of many of the Bible study workbooks I have used during my Miracle Morning and devotionals. You can check out her online shop, here. Was honored when Mary asked me to share a little bit about my bucket lists with the self care group. So, I tried something I had never done before (or since). Used Facebook Live to talk about them. I have attached the video from that post below. It explains some of the psychology behind and the importance of having goals, dreams, bucket lists. Which I have never really shared here on my blog.
Now that you know more about why I ‘bucket-list’, you might like taking a look at some of my bucket lists from the past, especially if you are a new reader! My 2018 winter bucket list, 2017 autumn bucket list, 2017 summer bucket list and from this time, last year, 2017 spring bucket list.
Before we get to my 2018 spring bucket list, let’s wind up things from winter.
2018 Winter Bucket List Final Update
After all was said, I didn’t fare too badly on my winter bucket list. There were a few things that didn’t happen first crack out of the box, like taking pictures with my daughters and grands of all five of us when we were together in January. So that was an opportunity missed. But we did have such a good time together, that missing that picture taking opportunity doesn’t seem to matter as much. You can read my earlier winter bucket list posts, here, here, and here.
To review, here’s my list.
- Susie Homemaker – everything under this category has been begun or completed. The cleaning will continue into spring, now that my boot is off and I am more mobile. (YAY!) We transferred our peach wine on PC’s birthday, 02.28.2018. Not holding out much hope that it will be the delicious, fruity, sweetness we were hoping for. But this is the first effort for Bunny Run Winery!
- Family Affair – talked about the photo already. Waaa! Everything else has been accomplished. Looking forward to welcoming my Prince home from Germany in 26 days with a special weekend. Skyping with but also SEEING both grands this spring.
- Crafty Like a Fox – Yes, yes, yes…sure enjoyed all of these activities. Have been taking a painting class at Hobby Lobby and continue to enjoy photography through the 52Frames Photo Challenge.
- Beauty and the Beast – Check my “Tasty Tuesday” posts for the Weight Watchers recipes I’ve prepared this winter. Slowly progressing through Finding Your Balance, which is a very good workbook and guide. Now that the ortho shoe is no more, I can focus on weights, exercise and toning up.
- Writing on the Wall – Big success with scheduling blogs on my agenda, then writing and posting them! Have written my mom often and sent little packages and photographs. Epic fail comes in writing Teachers Pay Teachers lessons. I have moved this to spring.
Here is a little slideshow of photos for the final activities completed since my last winter bucket list update in February.
I had two absolute fails – the picture with my daughters and granddaughters and writing my library lessons plans up for our store. Because of the broken foot business, was unable to lift weights and kind of gave up on tracking my Weight Watcher points. But I am going to allow myself some grace in those areas. Time to move onto spring!
2018 Spring Bucket List
Now, the movement you’ve all been waiting for. The big reveal.
As you can see, there are a couple of carry-overs from winter.
Under Susie Homemaker, I will continue my spring cleaning and plan to have a yard sale to pass along some of the items that no longer bring me joy. Please read my spring cleaning post, here, if this is on your to-do list this season.
Let’s Get Physical has something brand new to me…barre class. So envious of the wonderful progress my friend Andrea at Andrea’s Wellness Notes has made toward toning and becoming more flexible through her barre classes. Want to give that a try.
Brought forward from winter to spring my lesson plan writing activity on Writing on the Wall. Also, need to keep working on my book with some routine, some schedule. And I have some series ideas I hope to try right here on the blog.
In Food for the Heart, I have listed another date hop like we did in the fall. Last baseball season (which, in El Paso, runs from February to October), I didn’t attend that many games. But this year, I want to do better.
Final category, Food for the Soul. I left off this kind of activity from my winter bucket list and I forgot to do things like this. Which demonstrates the value of a having a bucket list. Doubles as a to-do list. Bonus!
Hope you will follow along on my progress on this 2018 spring bucket list. Will post updates on 04.21 and 05.21, so mark those calendars, girls.
What plans do you have for the spring? Is there anything you want to do that you’ve never done before? Please leave me a comment and tell me all about it. You can share your bucket list in a comment or, if you blog, link-up with us below.
I am going to begin writing a new series of posts about the benefit of trying new/exciting/slightly scary things. And will be pushing myself to do new/exciting/slightly scary things in my life. Hope you will join me!
Hugs and kisses,