With the new year comes new blogging opportunities and link-ups including today’s “TBB Asks” from the gals at The Blended Blog. These Q&A posts are fun for me to write and hopefully fun for you to read. Then, as always, would love for you to share your own answers to these questions in a blog post or comment below.
Accidentally clicked on publish when my right pinkie finger went spastic before my post was finished. Ugh.
TBB Asks 01.2018
1. Resolutions or no resolutions? Most years I have had the same resolutions, lose weight and get in shape. But since I have begun blogging, I concentrate more on setting seasonal goals. Here are the goals I have set for winter 2018. Embellished by a chalk-wielding 20 month old baby.
2. Love snow or no snow? L*O*V*E S*N*O*W!! Love it. So much that I have used snow and snow men in much of my holiday decorating so I can keep it up longer!! I give you my kitchen and den.
3. Name a new place you want to go this year. The beach. Preferably an all-inclusive resort for my 60th birthday celebration. Where I can show-off my newly slender and freshly fit figure.
4. Would you rather have a new hair cut or hair color? New cut. Stick pretty close to the same color, less the gray.
5. Name one special thing you want to do for yourself this year. Get back in shape. Have really over-enjoyed myself this Christmas. Want to get back to a regular gym routine, healthier eating, feeling better in my skin.
6. Least favorite thing about January. Bills from Christmas. Using this saving plan helped me have a little extra money this holiday but I still spent too much.
7. Most favorite thing about January. Clean slate. The feeling that anything is possible in the new year. A sense of hopefulness.
8. When do you take down your holiday decorations? Depends. Usually before I start back to work after the holidays. This year, I don’t have any sub jobs lined up yet and my oldest daughter Brennyn and granddaughter Cady are here visiting so the Christmas tree, stockings and garland are still up.
9. Do you diet in January? I start trying to eat better again. This holiday season, I really over-indulged. My girls leave on Tuesday and will start tracking Weight Watchers points as soon I get home from taking them to the airport.
10. What area of your home do you want to organize the most? Probably my closet. See my winter bucket list.
I really need to quit hanging on to some of the items in there! Because I am working less lately, I really don’t have the need for all of the tops and sweaters, skirts and dresses that I keep holding onto.
11. Favorite winter comfort food. Soup. I like soup in any weather, for any season. Going to be trying a new Weight Watcher’s soup recipe next week for “Tasty Tuesday”. Hope you’ll come back then for a taste. In the meantime, here are a couple of my favorite soup recipes, here and here and here.
12. Favorite guilty pleasure. Food-wise, probably ice cream. Usually enjoyed on Saturdays. Which, when I am eating better and trying to get in shape, is my indulgence day.
But why did I automatically think food for guilty pleasure? YIKES! Non-food related guilty pleasure…a massage and/or facial.
Sweet friends, how would you answer these questions? When you think of your favorite guilty pleasure, is it food related? Or am I the only one?
Be sure to run by The Blended Blog to check out some of the other blogs linking up for this edition of “TBB Asks”. Hope you will also come back on Wednesday to read my inaugural post for Natalie the Explorer’s “Wellness Wednesday” series. We will be sharing our health goals for 2018. There’s still time for you to get your list of goals together and join the fun. See you then!
Hugs and kisses,