Linking up with Jen at The Bolin Bunch for another 10 on the 10th. Talking today about 10 things we want to try or do. Or vice versa, according to the graphic! Some of these things are on my summer bucket list and in the works already. Partially because my bucket list inspired me to get started on them and partially because this prompt encouraged me to pull the trigger. Others are big dreams. The traveling, especially.
Have a look.
10 Things I Want To Do
- Design and wear a temporary tattoo: another summer bucket list activity. Just designed and ordered from Momentary Ink. Stay tuned!
- Wear false eyelashes again: wore them for my pin-up photo shoot experience and LIKED them. Now to get some more glue and maybe some slightly more subtle lashes to try.
- Grow my hair natural: this activity is on my summer bucket list and underway. I do realize it won’t happen overnight or even over the summer. But I am working on it. Have been adding pins to my Health, Wealthness, Beauty and the Beast Pinterest board with suggestions on how best to do this. Going to try an Expresso glaze from Madison Reed to darken my highlights without coloring my grays, working back to my natural dark brown.
- iFLY: this indoor skydiving venue just opened (and promptly went into foreclosure – how does that even happen?) here in El Paso. Wish they would have a sale on ticket prices so we could try it out.
- Train for triathlon: not sure I can compete, but I can train! The Eagle in the Sun Triathlon is 09.01.2019 and the Mighty Mujer Triathlon is in the spring of 2020. Working on upping the length of my bike rides. Have the 5k run down. Now to build back up to swimming 400 meters or 1312 feet in our 30′ pool. May not participate in either but hope to be able to complete all 3 events on my own.
Travel the Friendly Skies
- Another beach vacation with family: ideally, somewhere truly tropical but I would gladly do one back at Pointe West in Galveston.
- Disney World with PC, the daughters, the SILs and the grands: Lauren is pregnant and due in January so this next summer might not be the year, but maybe by the time new baby is 2 or 3, we can all go.
- Visit England, Scotland and Ireland with PC: Ancestry.com says we are both primarily from the British Isles so I would like to explore the homelands of our forefathers and mothers.
Ireland & Scotland 38%
Become Rich and Famous
- Write and publish that book: Have about 3 stories going. One is probably 3/4ths of the way complete. Another is just started. And a third, a picture book idea, is started and going to be quick to finish.
Celebrate Our Anniversary
- Plan and enjoy a backwards date: in the works. Won’t say anything more.
I just finished – can you believe it? – the book It’s Never Too Late To Begin Again by Julia Cameron. Have been writing Morning Pages throughout the past 6-7 months (ok, I checked…almost a year) that I have been reading the book. Maybe longer than that. Such an enjoyable, helpful practice. One of the last exercises readers were asked to do was to write 20 statements beginning with “I wish…” This post, my bucket lists and now my compilation of wishes have a number of commonalities. Do any of my 10 things I want to do appeal to you? What would be on your list of wishes?
Going to get back to my spring cleaning. Yeah, I know, it’s summer. That’s why I need to get back to it. Ha!! Maybe a dip in the pool afterward. Thank you for ‘listening’ today as I daydream about 10 things I want to do. Back to life!
Hugs and kisses,