Sweet friends, I tell ya, blogging can be such fun and then such a headache at times. Before I elaborate, thanks for joining me for 10 on the 10th 10.2021: Dressing Up. I think this will be a fun post to read, if I can just get it published.
All of a sudden last week, I began having issues editing anything on my blog post drafts. I cannot see my HTML code, cannot add images or graphics easily, cannot change font color, change font size, add links. So frustrating. I DO NOT understand how everything can be hunky dory on Wednesday and go completely bonkers on Thursday. But, as I type those words, I realize that life is very similar. Monday can be a great day and the bottom can fall out on Tuesday.
So as I type these words, I am not sure how this post is going to look. Probably not like I had hoped it would. That’s for sure. But if I can just answer this month’s questions, that will be a step in the right direction.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links which are usually italicized. If you click or make a purchase from an italicized link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
10 ON THE 10TH
With 2 more 10 on the 10th posts before the year is over, I am still uncertain about whether to continue blogging and whether to commit to participating and hosting any blogging series for 2022. As I said in last month’s 10 on the 10th post, I am such an erratic blogger. And then problems with blogging don’t make things any easier.
If you are interested in participating in this year’s remaining posts or just curious about the proposed prompts, here they are.
10 on the 10th 10.2021: Dressing Up
Here are this month’s 10 questions and my 10 answers.
- When do you most often dress up? For church. And date night. Dresses mostly for church, though. Occasionally dress pants.
- What does a dress up outfit look like? What makes you feel fancy and dressed up? Dressed up for church is usually a dress or skirt and heels. If it is cool outside, I wear hose or tights. I am old fashioned and still believe in wearing slips with dresses that are the least bit sheer or clingy. Pretty fabrics and colors make me feel fancy. Wearing something new. Having time in getting ready to select the right jewelry. Changing out my purse to match my outfit. Wearing heels or boots makes me feel more dressed up.
- Share a time when you felt especially dressed up and pretty. It’s funny, I felt especially dressed up and kind of pretty for Brennyn’s second marriage ceremony and Lauren’s wedding. In both cases, I had on fancier dresses. Liked the way my hair was cooperating. Wore strappy sandals. Had a mani and pedi. I had taken more time to get ready than I would normally do, too.
- What does getting dressed for the day mean to you? Different things for different days. If I am going to be home, and have gotten up early to work out, being dressed for the day would be workout clothes. On days that I am going to help with the grandbabies, or running errands, getting dressed would generally be some combination of a tee or top with jeans, and if it is cool, a jacket or cardigan.
- Do you wear make up every day? If so, which cosmetics do you wear? Do you do anything different for special or dress up occasions? I don’t wear make up every day. And even when I do wear make up, it doesn’t amount to much. Usually moisturizer, blush and mascara and some kind of lip color. For date night or church, I might add eyeliner, and on the rare occasion, eye shadow.
- What is your skin care regimen? What issues do you address with your routine and choice of products? Like a lot of things in my life, my skin care regimen is not terribly regimented. For an item on my autumn bucket list, I am trying out 2 new skin care products. For daytime, La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer with SPF 30. For bedtime, L’Oreal Revitalift Triple Power Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer with Pro Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid & Vitamin C. Stay tuned to see if they improve my complexion. If I even stick with them long enough to make a difference.
- Do you wear heels? A slip? Foundation garments like Spanx or, heaven forbid, a girdle? I wear heels less and less. Really need to toss out any shoes with heels higher than about 1″ and trade them in for something similar in a kitten heel. I have purchased a couple of foundation pieces and do wear them when I am really ‘putting on the dog’ as my mother would say. Or if whatever I am wearing is snug and clingy.
- For dress up occasions, do you prefer costume jewelry or better jewelry? What is your go-to piece of jewelry? Describe any vintage or heirloom pieces you have. I have some very nice necklaces, earrings and bracelets given me by my PC. I tend to wear them for dress up. But in general, for everyday or even church on Sundays, I usually reach for costume jewelry. I have 2 strands of real pearls but my go-to piece of jewelry would be one of my strands of faux pearls. My mother gave me my father’s gold wedding band shortly after he died in 2012, then a few years ago, she gave me her diamond engagement ring and her high school graduation ring (a birthstone). When I was last home to visit Mom, I returned all 3 pieces because I felt guilty having them and not sharing with my brother and sister.
- Do you have pierced ears? If so, what age were your ears pierced? I have my ears pierced twice. As a girl, I wanted to have my ears pierced but my agnostic father said that if God meant for me to have holes in my ear lobes, He’d have put them there. As soon as I turned 18, he turned his head and I had my ears pierced. When I was going through the divorce from the girls’ dad, my piercings stretched to the point that they almost ripped my ear lobe completely. I had to be extremely careful about which earrings I wore. And used these Lobe Wonder invisible earring earlobe support patches for years to keep my earrings from falling off. About 4 years ago, Lauren treated me to having my ears re-pierced. Such a great gift!! I love wearing earrings.
- Did you dress up for Halloween as a child? As an adult? Describe a favorite costume you or your children wore for Halloween. Will you be giving out candy this year? I did dress up as a child. Almost always in a costume my mother had sewn for us. Sometimes in something I played dress-up in. My mother made me an “I Dream of Jeannie” costume in satin fabric when I was in the 4th or 5th grade. Then she made similar costumes for Brennyn, Lauren and my step-daughter Andrea, when they were little. I hope this year we can either take Lucia and Cami trick-or-treating or hand out candy at their house while the kids take the girls around.
Come play along with me!! Choose a questions for today’s dressing up post to answer in a comment below. Had hoped to have a link up for your 10 on the 10th 10.2021 blog post. But my blog issues are preventing me from adding it to this post. Just let me know in a comment that you joined me this month, and I will be sure to make it by.
Hoping to get some help for my blogging issues tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Hugs and kisses,