Happy Thursday, ladybugs, and welcome to 10 on the 10th 02.2022. For today’s edition we are sharing the answers to 10 questions about LOVE. My sweet blogging buddy Marsha from Marsha in the Middle came up with these questions which makes them more fun for me to answer. There’s not a lot of challenge required to answer questions I’ve made up myself!! Marsha and I are new friends and are co-hosting the 10 on the 10th series this year. It’s so nice to have some help with this series.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links which are usually italicized. If you click or make a purchase from an italicized link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
10 on the 10th: 02.2022
Let’s jump right in with a look at Marsha’s thoughtful questions.
- What was something you absolutely loved about 2021? The birth of my grandson, Declan Ashraf. We can’t get over his light hair and blue eyes.
- Do you have an interesting love story you’d like to share? Please do! Paul and I met on Match.com. He contacted me after seeing my profile. He likes to tease that my photo was blurry. But he is right, it was!! However, his wasn’t much better. Can you say pixelated?? Hopefully, he would have contacted me anyway, though!! We wrote back and forth for 2 days, then PC asked to meet me for dinner at Applebees. The first thing we said to each other was a comment about how blue the other’s eyes were. After dinner, Paul walked me to the car and I asked for a hug. Wanted to see how he felt. He passed the test and the rest is history. We dated for 5 years, though, before pulling the trigger and getting married.
Things I Love
- What food do you love and must have on a regular basis? Aside from my love for soup, which I wrote about here, I would say salad. And ice cream. Many days when I am home, I fix a baby spinach salad for lunch. I add a boiled egg, some cheese crisps, croutons and dried cranberries. Mmmm. Have discovered Skinny Girl salad dressings and they are all very good. Ice cream. Well, what’s not to love…except the calories.
- What fashion “trend” do you love? It doesn’t even have to be a current trend. I have really enjoyed wearing kimonos over the last few years. They are the perfect wrap for most days here in El Paso. And can be dressed up or down. Have joined the shacket fan club, too. Have 3 shackets. This is my latest shacket purchase. It is a little shorter in length and looks less like I am wearing PC’s hand-me-down flannel shirt.
- Which season do you love most? Why is it your favorite? I tend to love whatever season is coming next. Which means I love them all. That being said, fall is the best of the best. Probably because the colors are some of my favorites. Halloween, Dia de los Muertos and Thanksgiving are special family holidays, too. And the weather. El Paso is especially lovely in autumn.
Love You, Daddy
- If you could be with a loved one who has passed, who would it be and what would you do? My first choice would be my father. I would gather my 4 grandchildren, his great grandchildren, 3 of whom he has never met, and we would all go to Barnes & Noble. My father loved to take his kids and his grandchildren to the bookstore. We would drink hot chocolate and read books and snuggle. All except baby Declan who would have a bottle instead. The photo below was taken on my last trip to B&N with my father before his death in 2012.
- What would you love to accomplish in 2022? Writing. Getting down on ‘paper’ some of the crazy things that have made my life interesting.
- Which do you love most: shoes, handbags, belts, or coats? Unless kimonos are coats, I like shoes best. But I have some feet pain issues these days so buying and wearing shoes isn’t as fun as it used to be.
Of These Things Love is the Greatest
- What love remains with you today? Love of family, children and animals. Art and books, too.
- How do you show your love? What is your love language? I show my love in word and deed. I try to use loving language, touch, and actions to show that I love someone. Not sure what my love language is in this season of life. It has always been physical touch and words of affirmation in my younger years. Just now retook the quiz, here, and it indicated that spending quality time with my loved ones is most important to me now, coming in at 30%. Then physical touch, words of affirmation and acts of service tied for my second love language, each with 23%. Receiving gifts did not rate.
Those questions were fun, don’t you think? Thanks, Marsha!!
Before You Go
Mark your calendars for our next 10 on the 10th link up. Here are the questions.
- List your favorite thing about spring. Which season do you like best?
- What puts spring in your step? What does your favorite pair of shoes look like? When do you wear them?
- Around St. Patrick’s Day we see invitations to ‘kiss me, I’m Irish’ on graphic tees and images everywhere. Are you Irish? If not, what would your graphic tee read? ‘Kiss me, I’m…”
- What flowers would make up your perfect spring bouquet? What is your favorite floral fragrance?
- Spring cleaning? A necessary evil or overrated? What’s your favorite cleaning tip? Cleaning product?
- Slinkies are coiled spring toys. Did you ever have a Slinky? Silly Putty? What was your favorite toy as a child?
- When we ‘spring forward’ on March 13, what do you hope to do in that extra daylight?
- The following colors will be trending for spring soft lilac, canary yellow, hot pink, salted caramel, scarlet, sky blue. Will you be styling any of these? Is there a color you will avoid?
- What will you be reading this spring? Do you have a favorite devotional or quiet time routine?
- Share an inspirational thought or spring quote. Why does this speak to you?
And here is the graphic.
How would you respond to these questions? Hope you will put together a 10 on the 10th post to do just that!! Think link it up with us below. Or answer the questions in a comment.
Thanks for the visit, sweet friends. Off to sub again on Thursday and then doing my dog-walking on Friday. Cami and Cia are coming to play on Saturday. And I hope to heavens to get my bootie back to church on Sunday. What do you have planned?
Joining my friend Denyse for her #LifeThisWeek link up. Her theme – Love is… and this post seems to fit right in.
Hugs and kisses,