The gals at The Blended Blog are calling today’s post “Fall 2.0”. We did Fall 1.0 back in September, remember? Right here, if you need a quick refresher. In that first post we talked about the cozy side of fall…slippers and robes, favorite warm beverages.
Today’s questions center more around favorite fall activities. Let’s get started!
10 (More) Questions About Fall Y’all
1. Favorite fall color? I feel like a traitor admitting this but orange. Green, you know how I love you, right? But for fall I have to give the nod to orange. Followed very closely by an olive green.
2. Apple cider hot or cold? We don’t really ‘do’ cider. When I read this question, I was reminded of that spice tea you make with Tang and instant tea mix and spices. If you are a fan of apple cider or if you aren’t, try this mix. It is scrumptious and makes a thoughtful fall gift. I’ve pinned the recipe for us, here.
3. Caramel apple: yes or no? Who would say no? Yes, yes, yes and candy apples, too.
4. Pumpkin doughnut or apple cider doughnut? Never heard of or had an apple cider doughnut but I will eat pumpkin anything. In fact, you’ve talked me into it. Going to get some pumpkin doughnuts tomorrow.
5. Long or short cardigan? Both. Never met cardi I didn’t like. One of the items on the Get Your Pretty On Fall 2018 Capsule Wardrobe is this striped waterfall cardigan. I haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet but I keep visiting it at the JCrew online store. And it is currently on sale. What am I waiting for, right? Here are a couple other similar pieces that would work like this great piece.
6. Favorite football or fall party food? Hi, my name is Leslie. I have only hosted one party in my 60 years of life. I am a recovering introvert and former librarian which makes me rather socially uncomfortable. So my parties are usually parties of two…my Prince and me. Pizza is always good. We like having indoor picnics with peel-n-eat shrimp, cheese, crackers and grapes. For that one party three years or so ago, I made copycat Rudy’s (restaurant) creamed corn. Before you turn your nose up, I am not a creamed corn eater either. But this corn is so fabulous…creamy, a little sweet, full of flavor. Pinned the recipe here, if you’d like to take a gander.
7. Orange or white pumpkins? (from Leslie: what about GREEN?) I guess predominantly orange. But this season I picked up a couple of creative pumpkins. Found one with star-shaped glitter sprinkled on it, a lot like this one. Fabric pumpkins are big this season. Have you seen the black and white plaid ones? Or the felted pumpkins, here. And these green lidded pumpkins would make cute candy or cookies jars. My BFF Sharon found a real green pumpkin. Well, not a really green one. But a real pumpkin that was green!
8. Hayride or bonfire? First the hayride, then the bonfire. Sharon, do you remember the hayride/bonfire double dates we went on in high school? Hayrides are hard to come by in El Paso. And bonfires are not safe because it is always so dry here. We have a darling new mini-fire pit that we need to break in once the temps drop below 90*.
9. Favorite fall baked good? Pumpkin stuff. Cookies, cakes, breads. I am not picky a bit. If you are looking for something pumpkiny to bake for your clan, try our pumpkin bread recipe. So quick and so good.
10. Most anticipated fall activity? Hmmm. I love all the fall. Always look forward to doing my fall decorating. To our first hike of the season. Check out my 2018 Autumn Bucket List to see what I have planned for us this fall. One thing’s for sure, this year we are going up to Albuquerque to be with Lauren, Francisco and Lucia for the Balloon Fiesta. A first. Really anticipating that!
Time for you to share your answers, girlsies, in a comment below. Here are the questions for you to copy and paste with your answers. Love when you play along!
1. Favorite fall color?
2. Apple cider hot or cold?
3. Caramel apple: yes or no?
4. Pumpkin doughnut or apple cider doughnut?
5. Long or short cardigan?
6. Favorite football or fall party food?
7. Orange or white pumpkins? (from Leslie: what about GREEN?)
8. Hayride or bonfire?
9. Favorite fall baked good?
10. Most anticipated fall activity?
I think it is raining! Oh, that will make for wonderful sleeping if it just is. Going to shut this down and go find out. Sweet dreams of all things fall, ya’ll.
Hugs and kisses,