Sweet potatoes, as per my usual, I am sharing my 10 favorite photos of 2019, the final 10 on the 10th post for the year, on the 12th!! Why can’t it be 10 on the 12th or 13th or 14th? When given a deadline like 10 on the 10th, I can rarely rise to the occasion! But for 2020, I am going to get my act together, once and for all. And going to organize my blog game so that my 10 0n the 10th posts are just that, and my thankful Thursdays don’t post on Friday. Yeah, I’ll believe it when I see it, too.
10 Favorite Photos for 2019
Here are 10 of my favorite photos for 2019. There are lots of others I love equally well, but each of these had a little extra meaning for me.
- Seems like I took this photo a lifetime ago. Of another lifetime, if that makes sense. This was snapped in January when I was moving my mom from her 2 bedroom apartment to a studio in the same complex. She was in the psychiatric hospital after expressing suicidal ideations, then in the hospital for stomach issues, back to the hospital with pneumonia and finally into rehab to regain her strength. It was a very difficult time. The wedding picture in the foreground was a poster my brother had made for my parents’ 60th anniversary. The furniture were pieces of their lives that we could no longer fit in mom’s new apartment
- For Valentine’s Day or his birthday later that month, I surprised PC with what I hoped would be a romantic overnight getaway. This photo was taken of our room at Hotel Indigo in downtown El Paso. Not sure what happened that the evening got off on the wrong foot but it wound up okay. I think I just have these high hopes of dazzling my Prince and he can be kind of hard to woo.
- Moving day in June. At my prompting, Lucia climbed onto her brand new bedroom window seat to watch her daddy pull into the driveway with the U-haul full of their lives’ belongings.
- Cady and Lucia tried out all the ‘smells’ at Victoria Secret while I held a place in line as Brennyn shopped for new lingerie. These girls really smelled ‘loud’ by the time we left the store. All my girls were together for birthdays in July.
- July 28th birthday girl. Caught Brennyn giving Cady a birthday hug and had to snap a pic. My beautiful babies.
- Selfie at the Silos in July. Not a particularly great photo but I liked the reflection in the truck’s side view mirror.
- Until our session with the medium – read about that here – I always associated butterflies with my father who died in 2012. Psychic Kim O’Neill explained a visiting butterfly is more likely my maternal grandmother. Hmmm. Pretty sure this beauty was my dad.
- A few years ago, my word of the year was JOY. At the time, I had the wrong perspective about finding/keeping joy in my heart and life. Now days, I realize that there will be joy (and this year’s word PEACE) in moments of each day but maybe not all day every day. Lucia is joy personified. And she sprinkles joy everywhere she goes.
- This photo was taken from the kids’ spacious backyard at their house in Albuquerque. It was breath-taking no matter the season. But so thankful they have moved home. My other beautiful babies.
- As I said to begin, these are only a sampling of my favorite photos of 2019. So many memories caught with my camera, it is impossible to really pick only 10 favorite photos for 2019. The photo below is a bonus, #11. It is probably my favorite picture of my PC and me together for the year. I have shared it several times before, but in case you missed it…
What would your 10 favorite photos of 2019 feature? Lots of family, like mine? Or shots of special places and things? I am linking up with Whitney one last time for this post. Hope you will run by to check out her 20 favorite photos of 2019 by clicking here.
How are your holiday preparations coming? I have a lot of my shopping done. But there’s PC…the most difficult person to buy for in the world. What are y’all giving your significant others? All suggestions welcome.
Thank you for running by today. Have a few more posts in the works for the coming days. Hope to see you again soon. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs and kisses,