Running at least a day late and always a dollar short with this post! Scrambling to get it done, even now. Put my Brennyn and Cady on a plane today, then took down all of the winter/holiday stuff and replaced it with Valentine’s Day decor. Too early? Nah, never too early for love. But look what I spotted today.
Yup, that’s Easter. Too early in my book. What say you?
Combining my TBB Asks with my Currently for a two-fer today. The Blended Blog sponsors TBB Asks the first Monday of the month, and Currently with Anne in Residence is the first Wednesday of the month. Join us in February.
TBB Asks: Keep Me Entertained
- Books you’ve read multiple times: Rarely read or watch anything more than once but did read Alice in Wonderland as a child and again as a mommy.
- Favorite book/author of all time: Anne Frank; so wise for her years.
- Favorite TV show to binge: Really don’t binge unless my PC is bingeing. Then it tends to be “The Office” or “Seinfeld”.
- Favorite new-ish TV show: “A Million Little Things”.
- Favorite movie of all time: Probably a tie between “Schindler’s List” and “Saving Private Ryan”.
- Movie you are looking forward to watching: “Welcome to Marwen”, “Green Book”, “Mary, Queen of Scots”.
- First concert you attended: I am not positive but either the Carpenters or Chicago would be my guess.
- Ultimate concert (even if it can’t happen): Eagles, reunited from heaven and earth.
- Favorite artist/band: John Denver/Eagles.
- How do you listen, streaming, CDs, vinyl: Vinyl. My daughter Lauren gave me a great record player for my birthday a few years ago. Love to play my JD vinyl on my record player while cleaning house.
Making this a double feature by adding my most belated responses to Anne’s Currently prompts for the first month of the year. The prompts are: choosing, exploring, refreshing, resolving, tidying.
Choosing: New fragrances Bath and Body Works at their semi-annual sale. One of my favorite fragrances ‘leaves’ is on sale, 6 wall flowers for $18.00.
Also planning on making my own Poo Potpourri. The recipe calls for 3 ingredients: equal parts water and rubbing alcohol with drops of the essential oil you like best. Found and pinned two slightly different versions, one from Happy Money Saver and the other from Holistic Health Herbalist. Get small spray bottles a your neighborhood dollar store. One tip…spray the water in the toilet bowl before you use the bathroom!!
Exploring: Options for companion care for my mom, now that she is back home in her new efficiency apartment. While I was in Kentucky last month, we moved mom from a 2 bedroom apartment to a very small, single room efficiency. But it has everything she needs – kitchenette with small frig, microwave, sink, lots of cabinet space; large bathroom with plenty of room for her walker and her; sitting area and bed.
Because she is losing her eyesight, and relies on a walker to get about, this stream-lined space makes more sense for her. And we have hired a Senior Helper for companion care to help mom with daily tasks. Here’s the package we chose:
Senior companion care services include, but are not limited to:
- Caring companionship and conversation
- Help with hobbies
- Artistic pursuits
- Playing games
- Sports & news
- General shopping and errands
- Doctor visits
- Religious services
- Community events
- Visiting family and friends
- Assistance with pet care
- Reminder services (medications, dates, routines, etc.)
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Prescription pickup
- Dry cleaning
- Grocery shopping
- Home safety evaluation
Refreshing: my goal board. It has been stuck on ‘spring’. Maybe I should have just left it alone because spring will be here before we know it. But really want to concentrate on seasonal goals again.
Resolving: a couple of things…get this booty back in the gym, to get back to a alcohol only on weekends, to get dressed (not in sweats or active wear) every time I go somewhere (other than the gym) and several other wellness-related items. Had on joggers and a hoodie to take Bren and Cady to the airport but took myself back upstairs to put on my new over-sized sweater from J.Roberts in Ruidoso, New Mexico. Might be cute with my faux leather leggings!
Hope you’ll come back Wednesday to check out my Wellness Wednesday, 2019 goals.
Tidying: the front yard. I wasn’t home enough during the holidays to get much decorating done. Usually have my wheelbarrow decorated on a seasonal theme. But scooted it out of the way for now. Will get it back out for spring. Today, I sprayed for weeds in our rocks and created a little tree of love.
Now I want to hear what you’re currently up to as we kick off 2019! Tell me, what are you choosing, exploring, refreshing, resolving, tidying? And then come on back February 6, when we’ll talk what we’re currently anticipating, going, making, watching, and wearing.
Thanks for coming by, girls! Hope you will pop in tomorrow because I have been invited to be a guest host with some pretty amazing fashionistas for Ageless Style. Pinch me!!
Hugs and kisses,