Can you believe it is the end of another month? Good gravy! We are almost half-way through the year. Haven’t paid off Christmas 2016 yet but it will soon be time to start thinking about Christmas 2017. I need to win the lottery.
Actually, I have won the lottery in life. Every single day, I have so very much to be thankful for. I may grumble or complain like I did on 5/6 and 5/9 and 5/17 but I really do have a wonderful life. And I do realize that. Like on 5/7, 5/10 and 5/25. Here’s my month in 31 sentences. “Sentence a Day”…for May.
Sentence a Day
Tragic May Day
- Overnight a tragic head on bus-truck accident occurred where 17 El Paso school district children were injured and a beloved coach/teacher killed. 5/1/2017
- Discovered a fabulous group of grandmother bloggers to start linking-up with. 5/2/2017
- Happy birthday, Valerie; hearing such sweet words of support at Cooley Elementary. 5/3/2017
- Figured out a way to fix dozens of brand new books that were improperly labeled across their titles on the covers. 5/4/2017
- Second grade field trip to Indian Cliffs Ranch, Cinco de Mayo Teacher Appreciation luncheon that became our dinner, Margaritas and blog reading tonight. 5/5/2017
- Some days don’t go as planned. 5/6/2017
- And some days do – bike ride to the gym, yard work, solar light planting, first ‘swim’ in the pool…brrr…jalapeño popper soup for supper, wine by the hot tub before bed. 5/7/2017
- First Miracle Morning; surprising how excited I was to get up earlier to try this program for creating your best, most successful life. 5/8/2017
Substitute Librarian to Substitute Teacher
- Have spent two days subbing in a second grade classroom during state testing, it is worrisome to me how wiggly, talkative, and generally uninterested in learning they are. 5/9/2017
- Same second grade class came to do research and my faith in them was restored; changing pace during the lesson, keeping them engaged and involved in their learning is key. 5/10/2017
- New shoes wore blisters on my feet and made me so tired, I went to bed early! 5/11/2017
- Pool construction saga continues with heater problems, cracked decking, scraped tiles, uneven pergola arms but we can finally swim this weekend. 5/12/2017
- Chain restaurant Mexican can’t compete with authentic El Paso Mexican food. 5/13/2017
- Quiet Mother’s Day morning in bed. 5/14/2017
In the Swim
- Need to invest in some good, waterproof sunscreen then wear it. 5/15/2017
- Swam laps! 5/16/2017
- Rarely feel my age but working and grocery shopping (backwards) in heels then coming home to clean house took its toll on me. 5/17/2017
- Whew, it took half the night, but I got my house cleaning finished. 5/18/2017
- My family feels quite needy and I feel weighed down with their problems and worries and concerns. 5/19/2017
- First full pool day shared with Lauren and Lucia, complete with hamburgers on the grill and cold beer to wash it down. 5/20/2017
- Going to bury my phone in the backyard. 5/21/2017
- Ditto yesterday. 5/22/2017
- Baby exchange; picked up Lucia when I met Jenny, her other grandmother, for lunch at Olive Garden. 5/23/2017
- Exhausted; there’s a reason why we have children in our 20s and 30s. 5/24/2017 (A few of our activities including moving chairs around in the kitchen)
- Exhausted but happily so…had a good day with baby girl. 5/25/2017
- My Prince Charming has returned home to the castle and all is right with my world. 5/26/2017
- Last full day with Lucia; her mommy and daddy returned home tonight. 5/27/2017
- Tearful goodbye to my Plumpies, Buff and Paco but wonderful day of pool time with my Princey-poo – bitter with the sweet. 5/28/2017 (Felt kind of deflated like Lucia’s pool float after she left)
- Our annual Memorial Day trek to Ft. Bliss National Cemetery always leaves me sad but eternally grateful. 5/29/2017
- A mommy’s job is never done. 5/30/2017
- Five more days of school, five more days of school! 5/31/2017
May was a combination of ups and downs, highs and lows. We were finally able to swim but it seems every time we get in the pool, we discover something else wrong with it, or the deck or the pergola or the equipment. Four months in and this project still isn’t complete. My family seemed to have a number of struggles and as a result, I was on the phone lending an ear to several someones I love on a daily basis. Having Lucia with me for close to a week was wonderful but exhausting but wonderful. I missed my PC who was gone for two weeks to work in Kentucky. Ups and downs and ups.
So, tell me true, how was your May? Were you speeding along on a roller coaster of highs and lows like I was? What was your highlight for the month? Please share with me in a comment below. And then consider joining us for June’s “Sentence a Day” post. Start writing those sentences now!
I am joining up with a great group of gals but there’s always room for more. If you have a “Sentence a Day” post to link-up, please do so! Right here.
Tomorrow, I am co-hosting Fabulous Friday with Jennie at A Pocketful of Polka Dots. I am so excited. So honored. She is high style and I am tickled pink that she asked me to join her! I’m in high cotton now, girls.
Thank you for spending a few minutes of your day here with me. Always glad to have you stop by.
Hugs and kisses,