It’s that time again…first Thursday of the month and “Sentence a Day, 2.2017”. As you might remember from last month, and all months past for that matter, my sentence border on run-on and wordy. In the interest of being totally honest, I should probably change the name of my monthly posts to paragraph a day.
We have a nice little group of bloggers joining up for this series. Hope you will stop by to visit Sarah at Foxy’s Domestic Side, Katie at Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life, and Andrea at Andrea’s Wellness Notes. Maybe their sentences will be just that.
Here’s a review of my month.
- My PC has been so thoughtful in helping me around the house, working out together, enthusiastically participating in weekend activities I especially enjoy. 2/1/2017
- After about a month of deliberation and daydreaming, we bought a pool today. 2/2/2017
- Rolled around in bed last night worrying about the expense of the pool; then today PC took Orangejello back to the vet; had let him begin wandering the house only to discover he was spraying the furniture to mark his territory, and our other kitties were terrified of him; vet said he was too feral to be a pet, he is a ‘community cat’ and has to be released back into the community; now I really won’t sleep. 2/3/2017
- While I was attending a Delta Kappa Gama (educational sorority) meeting at St. Claire Winery, PC called to tell he wanted to buy solar panels for the house…ka ching…spent our evening looking over our finances as I bit my nails. 2/4/2017
- Super Bowl game lived up to its name, party with the baseball gang, Bloody Marys and lots of good food. 2/5/2017
- Whoa, Nellie, I am so behind on my sentences…can I think far enough back to catch up – this is an aside and doesn’t count as my sentence.
- Jury duty but released early, grocery shopping and bickering all afternoon with PC and the $olar panel $ale$man about whether they are a good deal; can you tell what I think? 2/6/2017
- Back to school, teaching second and third graders how to use print and online resources for research…fun! 2/7/2017
- Lauren and Lucia are still so sick, Skyped with them for bathtime, Lucia’s not Lauren’s; happy birthday to my brother Kevin. 2/8/2107
- Successful day at school…sweet compliments and support from a second grade teacher about my work with her children. 2/9/2017
- Friday…high of 83, wore my “Survived 100 days of school” tee whether I’ve worked 100 days this school year or not, leftover Mexicali hashbrown casserole for dinner, a homemade Margarita and off to bed early. 2/10/2017
- Terrific Saturday: PC had baseball (already!) practice, I picked up the house, ironed, exercised and got a mani; then together we ran errands, went to church and had Mexican for dinner. 2/11/2013
- From 86 yesterday to 60 today with snow and rain predicted for Monday and Tuesday; picked up PC’s bike at Crazy Cat Cycle where it was being repaired and now we can ride bikes again. 2/12/2017
- Seven work days left at Logan; the kids are coming for goodbye hugs and the teachers are saying the sweetest things, it has been a great experience. 2/13/2017
- Quiet Valentine’s Day…Wendy’s hamburgers by candlelight and the delivery of some of our pool equipment ahead of the ground-breaking on Thursday. 2/14/2017
- Starting to feel a little sad as my time at Logan winds down…had a little girl say that the research lesson I prepared for her class was a great way for them to end with me. 2/15/2017
- Awakened by a bobcat (machine not animal) preparing to knock down our wall as the first step toward construction of our pool. 2/16/2017
- Watched the movie “Lion” after finishing the book A Long Way Home for TBB’s virtual book club – the two were similar but different. 2/17/2017
- Cleaned house and decluttered the linen closet, organized my seasonal decorations, and my scrapbook stuff for Monday’s Skrype with Valerie. 2/18/2017
- My Prince and I are feeling sickly so had a quiet day complete with naps. 2/19/2017
- Felt much better after a good night’s sleep, Skryped with my sister for 3-4 hours and only got one page finished but tried some new techniques, had a good conversation with the accompanying giggles; looking forward to having more free time soon. 2/20/2017
- What a Monday for a Tuesday…walked into the library to find my passwords didn’t work, couldn’t login to anything and that set the tone for the rest of the day. 2/21/2017
- Incredibly warm day with temps over 80 degrees…can spring be far behind? 2/22/2017
- Cannot believe how quickly our pool is coming together…everyday something more has been done and everyday the kitties have to go out to inspect the progress made. 2/23/2017
- Oh, my…I was treated to such a blessed day by the faculty, staff, parents and students of Logan, on my last day there: luncheon, cards, gifts, posters, lots of hugs and on my part, lots of tears. 2/24/2017
- Quiet day at home doing some of my favorite things while PC practiced baseball: picked up around the house (I do like to do that!), got laundry done and folded, ran 2 miles, did 10 minute abs and rode my bike, best of all, I scrapbooked! 2/25/2017
- Peaceful Sunday working in the front yard while our back yard remains under construction, delicious dinner at Border Burger Bar for my very own cheeseburger lovin’ Wimpee. 2/26/2017
- My first day unemployed was spent at the Ft. Bliss ID office waiting for more than two hours to get my dependent ID renewed then grocery shopping, “Bachelor” and “The Voice” for a quiet evening of great TV. 2/27/2017
- Happy birthday to my Prince Charming/Paul Clingan…so glad you were born and that we found each other, my life has been forever blessed; I love you. 2/28/2017
Whew, that’s a mouthful for the month. Maybe for kicks next month I will try to limit myself to ten words a day. Yay, right. Who am I foolin’? Not you, I’m sure!
If you wrote your “Sentence a Day, 2/2017”, please link-up with us. Or share a sentence or two in a comment below to sum up your month.
If I don’t see you, enjoy your weekend. Somehow that doesn’t sound right. If I do see you, enjoy your weekend, too. I sure appreciate having you stop by to spend a few minutes or in the case of this post, a few hours with me. YOU, my friend, are a sweetie.
Hugs and kisses,