Hey gals! Isn’t this just crazy? I have written 3-4 blog posts this week. You didn’t know I had that much to say, huh? But if my dad was here, he’d tell you I was born talking.
Linking up with a couple of lovely ladies for “Sentence a Day” today. Kind of like a mini-Dear Diary entry. Except in my case where I tend to write run-on sentences that look more like paragraphs. Case in point.
- Enjoyed a pleasant New Year’s Eve all the way to and beyond midnight, bringing in 2017 from the hot tub with fireworks all around us. 1/1/2017 (We had a glass of this delicious wine early in the evening and then some very flat $4.00 champagne in the hot tub. You know that adage, you get what you pay for. Yeah.)
- Had a list of 5-7 gals to interview as potential cleaning ladies but only one showed up…and it was the right one…hired Elizabeth today. (I have very mixed emotions about this…it deserves a post of its own) 1/2/2017
- Have got to get my agenda out…I am forgetting to do things left and right. 1/3/2017
- Beautiful day of reunions and re-acquaintances. 1/4/2017 (Lorena in the first picture was my library assistant before I retired; we tag-team as library subs now on occasion. Jenny was a favorite student of mine when she was in second and third grade. She has four children now. I wrote a blog post about her for The Blended Blog, here.)
- Productive day, starting with a Skype with Yeny and Victoria followed by yard work, ironing, laundry and a run on the treadmill…1 mile in 9 minutes. 1/5/2017 (Yeny is very special to me from my early days in Panama. I want to write a post about our relationship very soon. She has a daughter Victoria whom I hope to meet someday soon.)
- Why is it that when I can sleep late, I can’t!? 1/6/2017
- Great day full of accomplishments – had someone come out to measure for our potential pool, put away Christmas decorations and tree, worked out at the gym, picked up the house (not literally), massage, church, Christmas lights downtown, dinner and quick trip to Target, now catching up with all things online. 1/7/2017
- Beautiful hike mid-day…then came home thinking I had tomorrow off to do all the things I didn’t do over the vacation…but HA!…I have to work. 1/8/2017
- Good thing I went to school…lots of lesson prep needed to be done…and now I am ready for the kids and the classes this week. 1/9/2017
- Lessons went well and the kids seemed to be as glad to see me as I was to see them. 1/10/2017
- Finally got to the grocery store, and PC went with me and even helped put the groceries away. 1/11/2017
- This week has been so S L O W but it is finally Thursday and the weekend is in view. 1/12/2017
- Friday the 13th. 1/13/2017
- Super Saturday – slept late, pool shopping, gym, church and dinner. 1/14/2017
- Crazy winter day for El Paso, more low-hanging clouds, drizzle on Paul’s freshly washed Mustang, had to renovate and water-proof Orangejello’s house on the patio for the rainy weather. 1/15/2017
- Spring cleaning begins…organized dresser drawers and cleaned out closet of clothes I am not wearing. 1/16/2017
- My PC is off on a business trip and the house is very quiet but enjoyed a good day at work with a couple of successful lessons. 1/17/2017
- So invigorating when lessons go well. 1/18/2017 (Kinder learned about how different animals hibernate, completed a worksheet and made a hibernating bear.)
- Dinner with a dear old friend from my past life after a busy day of fables and hibernation at school then home to a clean house that I didn’t have to clean myself. 1/19/2017
- PC is HOME! 1/20/2017
- Crazy weather…rain and 60 mph wind gusts…had registered for a 5K but neither of us felt like fighting the elements to run; instead we took our stray kitty Orangejello to the vet when he showed up at the door scratched badly all over his face and into both eyes. 1/21/2017
- Doctoring and loving on OJ, his little eyes were very matted and terribly infected this morning, poor baby; his home has been moved from the patio to the garage and he seemed to enjoy his walk in the stroller. 1/22/2017
- Back to life…busy day at school with 4 PK classes and 2 first grades, gym, dinner, Bachelor and a few quiet minutes holding Orangejello. 1/23/2017
- Another hectic day at work, successful classes, 10 minute abs in the morning, gym in the afternoon, and my first try at zoodles for dinner. 1/24/2017
- Grateful for good news about a health concern we had for Lauren’s husband Francisco; blood tests showed mononucleosis was the cause of his exhaustion, high fever, sore throat, thank you, God. 1/25/2017
- So thankful for the day in and day out support and help my friend Jasminka has given me in the library – cutting, shelving, helping the children, assisting with classes, and being my friend; I have been so blessed with library angels in my career. 1/26/2017
- Can’t remember when I have been more ready for a Friday and the weekend, which we kicked off with the movie “A Dog’s Purpose” through which I sobbed all the way. 1/27/2017
- Slept in, massage, and gym…went to church but they were ‘healing’ people of their addictions, something PC and I didn’t agree with…so we left to have Jason’s Deli for dinner. 1/28/2017 (We are in favor of people being helped through their addictions but don’t believe a touch on the head can do it.)
- Beautiful walk up McKelligon Canyon then a little more decluttering – this time my nightstand drawers. 1/29/2017
- Up early and got to work early, yay me…it’s the little things on Monday. 1/30/2017
- The joy on the students’ faces at school when they come to the library is the best paycheck I can earn. 1/31/2017 (Learning about Mother Goose.)
And that my friends, is my January.
I love doing this post. It always seems like ages since the beginning of the month, and it is fun to review what all happened over the past 31 days.
Join the Fun
Do you keep a journal or diary? I always have but at this point in my life, a sentence a day works even better. Hope you will stop by to read about the months of my friends Sarah who blogs at Foxy’s Domestic Side and Andrea from Andrea’s Wellness Notes. And then, why don’t you join us for February. You can write your sentences on FB and tag me or on Instagram and tag me there, too. If you blog, won’t you join our link-up?
Happy February, friends. Now go write your first sentence of the month.
Hugs and kisses,