Sweet readers, hello!
Have you seen my month of June? Because I tell ya, I blinked and it disappeared. Cannot believe an entire month has vanished, just like that…(insert snap of fingers). But appears it has. Hoping July will creep by so I can accomplish much and enjoy every minute.
You must be waiting with bated breath to read about my June. So I won’t keep it from you any longer. I give you my…
Sentence a Day
- It was so cold at school today that I used tea towels wrapped around my ankles (darn cropped pants) to stay warm…but the cool evening made for good sleeping. 6.1.2017
- Big thanks to Jodie (at Jodie’s Touch of Style) for growing our “Sentence a Day” series to include a number of new bloggers. 6.2.2017 (Welcome girls!!!)
Fleeting Moment of Skinniness
- Especially satisfying Saturday with baseball, swimming, church and dinner at Barrigos, soak in the hot tub and a little bedtime blog reading. 6.3.2017 (Was feeling so pleased with how loose this skirt was – remedied that situation with all of the eating lately!)
Silver Springs Pools Sucks
- Swimming pool saga continues as we discovered the soil has eroded beneath the deck…no wonder it is cracking. 6.4.2017 (Pardon all the cobwebs under there, I seriously need to get started on my spring cleaning)
- I Painted That and so did PC…cactuses, ok, cacti (sounds stupid) to go with my summer kitchen decorating. 6.5.2017
Daily Highs and Lows
- Supervisor of inspectors for the city confirmed that our pool has problems – some potentially very serious. 6.6.2017
- I knew I saved those cactus cross stitch pictures I made long ago for good reason. 6.7.2017
- Cleanish house and new red ballet flats can almost keep me from thinking about the 26 cracks in the pool deck. 6.8.2017
- Received a charming ‘thank you’ kitty floral arrangement from Lauren and Lucia; nap to escape the afternoon heat. 6.09.2017
- Beginning to see some results from swimming laps. 6.10.2017
Ft. Worth Visit
- Long, slow day waiting to fly to Ft. Worth; wonderful evening eating Afghani food and celebrating Mustafa’s birthday. 6.11.2017
- Productive morning helping Bren sort through things for Goodwill, pool time and baseball with my Cadence, Harry Potter at bedtime. 6.12.2017
- More sorting, organizing, cleaning and Chuck E. Cheese for dinner. 6.13.2017
- Afghani traditional dinner with Brennyn and Cady at Mustafa’s family’s home. 6.14.2017
- Hurried all day to try to do as much as we could before saying goodbye tomorrow; lunch at HG Sply and bedtime story with my Cady. 6.15.2017 (One of my favorite pics of the three of us together)
My Old Kentucky Home
- After a tearful goodbye to my girls, I drowned my sorrows, myself and my new white Converse shoes in Bloody Mary mix on the plane to see my PC in Nashville. 6.16.2017 (I was soaked from the waist down, it got on my laptop and phone which has created a host of technology issues)
- Visit with my soldier to Shiloh National Battlefield via some beautiful country roads but a tick put a scare in our day. 6.17.2017 (I have contracted Lyme disease twice before. Because it went untreated the first time for years, it has done permanent neurological damage and affected my memory, caused brain fog, significant pain, and changed my entire personality)
- Technology..can..quickly..turn..from..your..best..friend..to..your..worst..enemy..when..your..spacebar..stops..working. 6.18.2017
- Sad to leave my PC behind in Ft. Campbell as I left for Lexington to visit my mom and brother who live there and my sister who’s there visiting. 6.18.2017 (Written on my phone)
- Enjoyed sibling time window shopping the unique stores at The Summit at Fritz Farm (especially Sugarboo & Co. Dealer in Whimsy) and sushi for dinner at Harry’s. 6.19.2017 (Love this quote from a banner at Sugarboo)
- Touched by all of the hugs and love showered on us by the residents and employees at my mom’s retirement community. 6.20.2017
- Yay for all of the new friends I have made and old friendships that are deeper through the summer bucket list planning and posting. 6.21.2017 (Read my post here and join up with us for the fall bucket list 9/21)
- So scared to drive in the rain from Lexington to Ft. Campbell but did it like the big girl I am. 6.22.2017 (Have had a number of wrecks in the rain. Once, instead of applying the brakes as I approached a red light for fear of hydroplaning, I just ran into the back of the car in front of me. Yeah, that’s safer and less scary. I drive a green Altima if you see me in your rear view mirror some rainy day.)
- No place like it…we are home. 6.23.2017
Back to Life
- Followed my own grocery shopping tips in preparation for my first visit to the commissary in over a month, now to start cooking and eating better again. 6.24.2017 (Read about my grocery shopping tips, here)
- Back on track with life. 6.25.2017
- Gyro-like sammies in pita bread for dinner, gym-n-swim. 6.26.2017 (To be featured on a “Tasty Tuesday” post coming to a laptop, tablet or smart phone near you real soon)
- Gotta love a two-night Bachelorette event. 6.27.2017
- Ha!, I got paid early…mani/pedi, here I come. 6.28.2017
- The Miracle Morning is really helping me get things done, summer garland finished, decluttering started. 6.29.2017 (Read more about this morning challenge, here)
- I love being home but I love seeing my girls and granddaughters; Lauren’s new home is beautiful, so proud of her. 6.30.2017
As I prepare this post, we are home at the palace again now. My PC is off for the 4th of July celebrations so we are in search of fireworks to watch that night. Have begun writing my sentences for July. Would like to invite you to join us! It isn’t too late to catch up for this month and we will share our July sentences on August 3rd. AUGUST? Good gravy!
If you have a “Sentence a Day” post for June, please link-up with us below.
I want to thank Sarah at Foxy’s Domestic Side of keeping this series alive, and Jodie at Jodie’s Touch of Style for bringing new bloggers to “Sentence a Day”, and a big thank you to YOU for taking a moment of your day to be here with me.
P.S. Turning my laptop in to be worked on this afternoon, 7/3. Hope they can clean out the Bloody Mary mix. May be out of commission for a few days. But keep checking back, I’m down but not out!
Hugs and kisses,