Au revoir, August! Bidding the eighth month of the year a fond farewell and looking forward to FALL! Sentence a Day, 08.2018 is a summary of my month in little more than 31 run-on sentences. Should have published them yesterday but my Internet, TV and phone all went out. Talk about a quiet evening! PC is out of town and the kitties aren’t great conversationalists. I was in bed by 8:15. But I’m baaa-aaack today. Can’t keep me down for long.
Sentence a Day, 08.2018
Sad, Stressful Start to the Month
- Prayed over my work as I left today, asked God to help me get the hang of inputting the clothing more accurately; beginning to feel like I am. 08.01.2018
- Difficult day…my baby had a miscarriage, my mama heart hurts for my daughter, her husband and what might have been…my kitties are both sick and throwing up everywhere which meant a 3 hour visit to the vet and no real answers, electricity went out and messed up dinner plans so my PC picked up chicken, definitely a wine night. 08.02.2018
- This is what I’m talkin’ ’bout a 2 payday week…glad to have this second job to pay off birthdays from July and to start saving for Christmas. 08.03.2018
- After my morning walk around the lake, watched the last official baseball Saturday ending with a tough loss for the Yankees which was followed by swimming, and a date night to Tap and Cork and dinner at Souper Salad. 08.04.2018
- Up early because Purrsnickitty was serenading us from outside our bedroom door, decided to take advantage of what we hoped would be cooler temps to walk up McKelligon Canyon, it was red hot even at 9:30 am and was our 42nd day above 100*, hit the gym for weight training, home for a lazy afternoon and Subway sandwiches for dinner. 08.05.2018
- Great day at work…I am really, truly getting this stuff…took kitties back to the vet for shots thinking Snick was over the throwing up only to find more when we got home, ugh…and then “The Bachelorette”, oh, I love that show, such a happy ending…I hope happily ever after. 08.06.2018
Technology, Can’t Live With It, Can’t Shoot It
- Got off track writing my sentences when my laptop/Google Chrome installation went bonkers which caused me to take an unexpected break from technology. 08.07-08.12.2018
- Highlights of my weekend, written after the technology break was concluded: Sunset Heights Ghost Walk on Friday night was apparition-free but we walked among many examples of interesting and historic architecture; felt sick and tired and super frustrated with my tech situation all day Saturday; Sunday my laptop was more cooperative after an uninstall/reinstall of Google Chrome, walk up McKelligon Canyon, gym, cleaned pool tiles, ribs on the grill and wine in the hot tub. 08.10-08.12.2018 Can you see our tour guide in one of pictures below?
- Woke up at 4:00 trying to scroll down my pillow which I mistakenly dreamed was a computer monitor, so worried that I am working too slowly inputting clothes into the database at work that I am dreaming about it; productive day getting laundry finished, blog reading caught up, thinking on upcoming posts, baking homemade bread and potato soup for supper…how’s that for some carbs. 08.13.2018
Type A Personality
- Happy day…back to work, marked a lot of things off my to-do list, enjoyed a swim all by myself, started listening to Passing by Nella Larsen on my drive to and from work, washed the car, picked up groceries through Walmart’s pick-up service (have you tried it yet??), made enchiladas for dinner, worked out an hour at the gym and enjoyed Bachelor in Paradise. 08.14.2018
- Happy birthday to my son-in-law Francisco. Couldn’t wake up this morning so nixed quiet time in exchange for an extra hour of sleep, work was productive – oh, I hope I can keep working a while – home to discover more mess with this yay-hoo lawyer and my complaint against him with the State Bar of Texas Grievance Committee, my sweet PC offers to eat left-overs rather than have me cook dinner tonight, Face-timed with Lucia, hope to see Cady tomorrow. 08.15.2018
- Payday YAY! Able to pay off a couple of small bills, which felt divine; worked more on my rebuttal, swam, chicken salad sammies for din-din. 08.16.2018
Living for the Weekend
- And it’s time for another Friday…on the brink of tears today worrying that I am goofing up and so slow…but hugs from one of the boss ladies helped dry them up…massage, soup and salad at Souper Salad for that meal that falls between lunch and dinner the way brunch does between breakfast and lunch. 08.17.2018
- Loved spending time with my sister on Face-Time and working on my mosaic while my Princey-poo played baseball, when he got home we went to the movies to see “Crazy Rich Asians”, which was so-so, swam and watched our beloved Live PD. 08.18.2018
- Super Sunday…walk up McKelligon and we ran down, yay us!…gym, worked in the yard, swam, fixed shrimp and jalapeño poppers for dinner, enjoyed a glass of wine and the sunset from our hot tub. 08.19.2018
- Quick day, not sure where it went; was asked to work an extra hour a couple of times a week so guess I am not getting fired, yet, anyway, bought pencil boxes for babies at Moye who don’t have them, took pics with my light box for a Pinterventures post, used my insta pot for dinner, enjoyed “Bachelor in Paradise” with my favorite beau. 08.20.2018 (Recipe here)
That’s Why They Call It Work
- My most confident day at work yet, managed to enter 14 pieces, but still falling short of my assignment; good work out at the gym, crazy lightening and thunder then rain made for good sleeping. 08.21.2018
- Approached at work about how I am feeling about things, what it is that is keeping me from reaching my daily target of pieces, and I don’t know how to answer…everyday there is something, yesterday most of my photos were messed up and had to be redone by the photographers, or I can’t find the prices for pieces without price tags, or my computer is slow and when it saves my information, it doesn’t really save changes…I feel like I am making excuses but it is frustrating to add information and watch the template go back to what was there before I made the changes. Ugh. Enough of that, but feeling sad about work. 08.22.2018
- And today was better at work…but still feel like I try so hard but don’t make much progress; worked on blog posts, my memoir writing for It’s Never Too Late to Begin Again and ironed before time for pizza and our fantasy football draft. 08.23.2018
Hard Mommy and Daughter Days
- Feeling excited about Fri-YAY until I received a phone call from my brother that my mom was having a bad day and in his words she was ‘frantic’ because she didn’t feel well; turned out she missed several doses of her anxiety medicine which was making her feel weak and shaky. Scares me every time I receive one of those phone calls from my brother; cleaned house and ironed after work, swim in the afternoon then work out at the gym followed by Panda Express for dinner and Live PD for dessert. 08.24.2018
- Mom was almost instantly better once she got her anxiety meds back in her bloodstream, thank goodness; PC had a pickup baseball game, I finished the housekeeping, ironing and worked a minute on my mosaic; we lounged in our pool, had popcorn for dinner and watched a Netflix movie. 08.25.2018
- Talked to my mom first thing this morning and she was back to her chipper self, enjoyed an hour long conversation about memories from childhood, all sparked by the writing I am doing through the book It’s Never Too Late to Begin Again, had a near calamity with the pool when we accidentally poured wood sealant into the water rather than muriatic acid, a run to Leslie’s Pools helped us get the water cleaned up, we hope…with the wind out of our sails, we were fairly lazy the rest of the day. 08.26.2018
- Another hard mommy day after receiving a text from Brennyn who was having a hard weekend, wish my arms could stretch across the state of Texas and bundle her up in a big hug; still struggling to work faster at work, worked on blog posts this afternoon, gym then grilled steaks that were pretty darn good, if I do say so myself…used a McCormick Brazilian marinade mix, Bachelor in Paradise after dinner. My BFF sent the cutest key over for a treat! 08.27.2018
- Accomplished more at work today but run into so many silly issues that keep me from progressing…photos missing, photos not taken right, clothes incorrectly labeled, missing tags, defects not identified; it’s never as simple as just entering the clothes; structural engineer who inspected our pool has taken a month to get us a signed copy of his report but I finally got it today, still don’t know what we owe him, good work out at the gym and enjoyed a few minutes work on my mosaic. 08.28.2018
- Oh, boy…the expenses related to this disastrous concrete pond in our backyard just continue to mount…the structural engineer charged $900+ for his report…sure hated telling PC but took it rather well…just one more thing. Pow-wow at work lead to the simplification of the entries we do for the clothing, hope I get faster. I have to get faster!! 08.29.2018
Ending Things with a Bang
- I did get faster at work but not fast enough yet…today was double pay-day, which was a blessing, enjoyed a walk in the rose garden, tamales on a park bench as part of this month’s Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone series, a swim in our money pit and a quiet evening with my PC. 08.30.2018
- Within one piece of my quota at work, enjoyed a brisk ten minute walk beforehand, received letter from the pool builder’s attorney that knocked the wind out of my sails, so curled into bed for a bit…just so tired of crazy, of fighting the fight every day…walked up for Subway sandwiches for supper, soak in the hot tub before bed and my Prince and I mulled over our troubles and worries with a glass of wine. 08.31.2018
So, that’s my month in a thimble. Overall, despite the ups and downs, August was a pretty fair month. Let’s give it a B. My Prince will be out-of-town much of this shiny new month so I am taking full advantage and doing some activities that have me stepping outside my comfort zone.
What grade did your August earn? Are you like me, ready to put summer to bed and jump with both feet into fall? If so, why don’t you join me for our autumn bucket list link-up on 09.21.2018? And come read with me and a great group of gals as we transition our 2018 Summer Virtual Book Club into a club for all seasons. We are going to be selecting our next read the middle of next week. While you are at it, would love to have you register using my affiliate link for the Get Your Pretty On Fall 2018 Capsule Wardrobe and Style Challenge? So. Much. Fun. Update your wardrobe, make new friends and get in on the latest trends for the season. Would love to have you join me and then allow me to feature YOU in some of your new looks right here on the blog. Say yes!!!
If you have a Sentence a Day post to link-up, please do so below.
And if you want to start writing sentences for September, grab that keyboard or pen and paper to do so. We’d love to have you! Until we meet again, August…
Thank you, sugar plums, for stopping by today. Wishing you a beautiful fall-ish weekend.
Hugs and kisses,