Good Thursday, chick-a-dees!
Here we are again! First Thursday of the month which means it is time for Sentence a Day, 04.2018. If not for this post to remind me, the first days of April would be a blurred memory. It’s always fun to see all that has happened, to remember the special moments and to celebrate the little milestones and triumphs. And always glad to have you join me for this and all other posts!!
Sentence a Day, 04.2018
Throw Kindness Like Confetti
- Here we are again, the beginning of a new month, and I have forgotten to write my sentences (that one doesn’t count for today and neither does this one!). Happy Easter spent with my brother-in-law’s extended family eating lunch and cracking cascarones over one another’s heads followed by a leisurely 4 mile walk with my sister. 04.01.2018
- Last year this time, I went to school with my sister just as I did today only last year, I cried because I was so sad to be retired…this year, I more or less rejoiced that I am retired…came home having walked 12,000 steps and shelving close to that many books; delicious dinner at home with Val and Roby, and we Skyped with Cady. 04.02.2018
- Up early for the drive to Ft. Worth, surprised Cady for lunch then met up with Brennyn for lunch at Jason’s Deli, and to accompany her for the fitting of her wedding dress…so beautiful…Valerie and I drove to Dallas, checked into our hotel and started walking to the convention center to pick up our registration packets for the conference but encountered a number of issues along our way, finally called the Holiday Inn shuttle to pick us up and we returned to the hotel. 04.03.2018
- Great day at TLA (Texas Library Association annual conference), several interesting sessions, lots of walking, Valerie presented about our fav, kid-friendly research database, PebbleGo, appetizers and Margaritas at a publisher-sponsored mixer, home to scrapbook. 04.04.2018
- Back at the conference before sunrise for the Capstone breakfast, Valerie received a tiara and magic wand for her presentation on Wednesday, big hub-bub over the TENs muscle stimulators we purchased yesterday, only to discover we had been taken and when we tried to return them, the vendor was nowhere to be found (long story short, we did get them returned and price refunded – we hope), another publisher-sponsored appetizer and wine event, then scrapbooking before bed. 04.05.2018
Another Trip Around the Sun
- My happy birthday to me (that’s not my sentence). Made one last trip down to the convention center, talking to my brother Kevin and his girlfriend LeeAnn then Lauren and Lucia on the way, opened gifts from my sister Valerie, drove to Ft. Worth where we shopped for tomorrow’s bridal shower, had Mexican for lunch and Japanese for dinner complete with fried ice cream for dessert with Cady, Brennyn and Mustafa, Facebook chatted with PC, quiet evening in the same hotel where Brennyn is living until her new house is finished. 04.06.2018
- Two-sentence day. Back to winter with a blustery, cold, gray day and at one point, sleet stinging our faces as we dashed from the car to the stores in search of something warmer than what we packed to wear to the bridal shower, wound up going with the dresses we brought from home, and the heater set to high in the car. Enjoyed an afternoon and evening with Mustafa’s family for the bridal shower and dinner following, played games, danced to Afghani music and ate too much savory Afghani food; had much fun. 04.07.2018
- What’s with this weather – more cold, watery gray skies as we said goodbye to Mimi Val, organized Brennyn’s rental storage unit, picked up around her extended stay studio hotel room, then drove back to Dallas for my uneventful flight home where I was greeted by 40 mph winds and 92* sunshine, and my 2 sweet kitties. 04.08.2018
Home, Sweet Home
- Wiped out after my week of travel…spring cleaning and working out took a backseat to being lazy. 04.09.2018
- Beautiful day…feeling much more energized, spent time outside, hit the gym, picked up groceries through Walmart’s shopping service, put away laundry, talked to all the family on the phone, prepared a healthy lunch and dinner for myself. 04.10.2018
A Mother’s Job is Never Done
- Tough mommy day (requires several sentences). Torn between being with Lauren for an important doctor’s appointment that will hopefully identify her health issues and provide a direction for treatment or hoping her husband (an anesthesiologist who might get called for an emergency) is able to accompany her. Would hate for Lauren to be by herself as the probable diagnosis is potentially life-changing and threatening so made the trip to Albuquerque. Loved hugging my baby, her baby, my son-in-law and their kitty. Just hate to overstep, if I am. 04.11.2018
- Another tough mommy day as I accompanied Lauren and Francisco to her appointment where it was almost decisively determined she has microscopic polyangiitis, a very rare, autoimmune disease, now to beat this disease and maintain quality of life, my darling sweet daughter. 04.12.2018
- Went with Lauren to take Lucia to school – how hard it is to say goodbye to my little one – then to take her kitty Doughnut to the vet to have his renal values checked, home to make a crock pot chicken pot pie for the kids to eat for dinner and then the drive back to El Paso in 60 mph winds. U.S. has begun air strikes on Syria. Praying my Prince gets home safely tomorrow. 04.13.2018
My Prince is Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig
- Cleaned house and picked up groceries using the Walmart grocery service for the 2nd time this month, had a delicious cat nap mid-afternoon, worked on getting the pool in shape after all the winds, then it was finally time to pick up my PC at the airport. 04.14.2018
- Woke up several times in the night just to double check that my Prince was really home and beside me in bed, enjoyed a quiet day together, saw the movie “Isle of Dogs”, fixed PC his welcome home dinner with apple pie for dessert. 04.15.2018
- Working toward settling back into my normal routine while feeling jet lagged right along side my PC. 04.16.2018
- Back to Miracle Morning, bit the bullet to buy Calm for a year (rationalizing I would spend $5 a month on things that don’t promote better health – looking at you McD’s All-American meal), stepped outside of my comfy zone to install Roku on our guest bedroom TV where I proceeded to watch the rest of “The Handmaid’s Tale” while ironing. 04.17.2018
- Lazy morning, organized the garage, readied items for garage sale on Saturday, gym, movie “The Quiet Place”, soup dinner and soak in the hot tub. 04.18.2018
- Grocery shopping…as in big commissary shopping for the first time since February, preceded by gym, batting cages, putt-putt and lots of giggles, followed by pizza for dinner. 04.19.2018
- Lazy mornings continue (is this what life would be like once PC gives up his reign?); gym, batting cages, errands, blog writing, fixed a delish (if I do say so myself) chicken-strawberry-blueberry-almond salad for dinner, soak in the hot tub. 04.20.2018
- Had planned to get up early to host a yard sale but turned off the alarm instead, enjoyed a full afternoon of baseball, PC’s second game of the season and a win, followed by dinner and Margaritas at Famous Dave’s. 04.21.2018
- Quiet Sunday, with PC recuperating from yesterday’s game, loaded up the all the yard sale stuff to donate, skinny lasagna roll-ups for dinner with homemade bread that I Skyped and made with my sister. 04.22.2018
- Sunday nights are tough lately with worries and bad dreams, so on Mondays I tend to be sluggish and tired. showed myself some grace today, didn’t push myself…just caught up on ironing, fixed BBQ in the crockpot, hour-long workout at the gym. 04.23.2018
- Bonus sentence: Lauren have her neurological testing done today and the doctor felt that there has been little damage to her nerves to this point, GREAT NEWS! Thank You, God, for prayers answered.
- Slept SO MUCH BETTER, back to Miracle Morning, Shakeology for breakfast, bike ride, organizing crafting supplies in order to spring clean my loft tomorrow, made this chicken salad recipe to have for dinner with zero point WW taco soup, worked a little in the yard, great hour-long workout at the gym…really good day! 04.24.2018
- Good day, that’s two in a row…doctor’s appointment for my kidneys and to request testing for the same disease Lauren has, which has a genetic component; stepped out of my comfort zone to visit Pure Barre, tried Cane’s fried chicken, marked lots of to-dos as done. 04.25.2018
- Finished the spring cleaning in my loft by dusting every single thing, washing curtains, blinds and windows, ceiling fan, baseboards, vacuuming upholstery on my loveseat…the room was sparkling!, did a quick clean of the rest of the house before PC got home, then we were off to our first Chihuahuas ball game of the season. 04.26.2018
- Blinked and this Friday was gone…lazy morning at home, great hour-long gym workout, cleaned up then walked around the outlet mall, belated birthday lunch at Olive Garden and PC hit balls at the batting cages; Brennyn closed on her new house!! 04.26.2018
- Baseball Saturday in perfect El Paso spring weather, slight breeze blowing in off the lake, warm sunshine in the upper 70s followed by a little down time at home, then Barrigas Mexican for dinner and an uplifting church service at Abundant Living; home for Live PD; Brennyn, Mustafa and Cady began moving into their shiny new palace. 04.28.2018
- Quiet Sunday to wind down the long weekend, tried a new breakfast casserole that took forever to bake because my oven kept shutting off, caught up on laundry, spent over an hour at the gym, did some blog reading and writing, grilled hamburgers and baked jalapeño poppers. 04.29.2018
- Slept so well – for a Sunday night, the night when I am usually rolling around with worry – I truly believe staying faithful to my devotional time this whole week has helped me find peace at night. 04.30.2018
It’s funny. When I look back over the month it seems so long since the first days of April. And yet we are almost half-way through the year! Just crazy. Even though, I struggle at times to remember to write my sentences, it is a treat to go back and reread them, and relive the good times and celebrate having survived the tough days.
If you have a Sentence a Day, 04.2018 post to share, please link-up with us below.
Even if you don’t blog, you can still share your sentences in a comment. So you are cordially invited to get busy writing your sentences for May, then circle 06.07 on your calendar as that is the date for our next post.
Off to bed! The wind has howled all day, 50+ mph gusts. Makes me tired just hearing it whip around our house. Hope it will die down so we can sleep. Sweet dreams to you!
Hugs and kisses,