Hello, dear ones!
Welcome to Sentence a Day 01.2018. If you are new to Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After, Sentence a Day is a monthly series where a number of bloggers share a review of our month written in one, often run-on sentence a day. Click on the month to read my December, November and October posts.
Here’s how the first month of 2018 went for me.
Sentence a Day, 01.2018
Wish I had written it here but I did tell PC that I had a strange feeling that someone I loved was going to get hurt early this year. Not seriously hurt but that feeling was a bit worrisome and haunting to me as 2018 began. Sadly, my feeling turned out to be prophetic.
Catching Up on Chores
- Hello, 2018, goodbye my babies…after we bundled the kids off for home, PC and I enjoyed a quiet day catching up on laundry, putting the house back together, soaking in the hot tub. 01.01.2018
- Loads and loads of laundry, mountains of ironing, piles of steaming…seems like I never get caught up. 01.02.2018
- Not only did I get the laundry finished, but the ironing and steaming, AND the house cleaned AND Skryped (Skype +scrapbooking) with my sister while making the cutest little lizard for a hiking page. 01.03.2018
- Two more pool contractors confirmed that our pool has problems, one of them is already repairing work on another Silver Springs’s pool and he shared their are 4 lawsuits already against Silver Springs, meaning we may not get a penny; on a happier note, drove to Albuquerque to see these two and their mommies. 01.04.2018
Five Girls Together on the Boom Boom
- Always have such high hopes for visits with my girls but once again, everyone is sick…how sad that it appears we make each other sick!…everyone but my Cadence and me, anyway. 01.05.2018
- Leisurely morning at Lauren’s before starting out on the 4 hour-ish drive home, enjoyed our first rosca de reyes or king’s bread on this Three King’s Day with Francisco explaining the tradition, hard to say goodbye to Lauren, Lucia and Franciso; Taco Tote for dinner, reading with my Cady Coo and a good hot tub soak with her and Brennyn before bed. 01.06.2018
- Outlet mall shopping but the racks at our Loft Outlet were so bare I was afraid they were closing – pleased to learn they are not, ran into a mall we hadn’t shopped in at least a year…was shocked to see how few shoppers were there, took Cady to Peter Piper Pizza (think Chuck E. Cheese) and Live PD reruns. 01.07.2018
- Had the BEST day with my Ft. Worth gals…mini-hike in the morning (Cady loved it), lunch at Chico’s Tacos (an acquired taste), playing the park with darling granddaughter, scrapbooking with same cutie pie, Bachelor (we all watched – PC too) and hot tub time before bed. 01.08.2018
- Up early to take my girls to the airport, grabbed a few groceries then came home to work on Wellness Wednesday goals blog post while washing, drying and folding laundry; promised estimates from the pool contractors on 01.04 but nothing, hired our lawyer 4 weeks ago and nothing from him either but on the bright side, my PC earned a very nice pay raise. 01.09.2018
Settling Back Into Routine
- Yay, me! (that isn’t the end of the sentence but deserves an exclamation mark)…I did my first Facebook Live video today…is it a video if it is live? (yeah, not the end of the sentence yet, either)…also put up the Christmas tree, cooked dinner, finished laundry, wrote a blog post, and worked on my wellness goals for the year. 01.10.2018
- For all I accomplished yesterday, I was quite worthless today…sneezing and coughy so indulged in a power nap, Subway sandwiches for dinner, and early bedtime. 01.11.2018
- This whole Weight Watchers thing is coming back to me with 3 point chicken salad for dinner tonight, spent the day tying up loose ends, writing letters and thank you notes, packing up Flat Stanley to go back to my nephew Jacob, quick clean of the house, quick workout at the gym. 01.12.2018
- Weigh in day…143.5…less than I have weighed in months, oh, yeah, baby!…so what did I do?…indulge because Saturday is my day of indulgence, after a workout at the gym. 01.13.2018
- Lazy morning followed by a run out to DSW to look for over-the-knee boots (PC wants me to get some and that certainly fits with my Wellness goals of spicing up the love life), 2.6 mile ‘difficult’ hike about Schaeffer Shuffle trail, soak in the hot tub and ordered boots online. 01.14.2018
- And I thought yesterday was lazy, ha!…we did little more than breathe before noon…Skryped with my sister, bike ride with my Prince, who cooked dinner=walked up to Subway, Bachelor and blog writing before bed. 01.15.2018
- My sister in Houston was home from school with a snow day (!) so we Skryped for several hours, this week’s bitter cold nights are making for great sleeping. 01.16.2018
Enjoying Fun Activities
- Opened my fashion haus in the morning to photograph my faux fur vest, then out the door for painting lessons only to discover lessons are canceled until next month, spent $60 on summer decor at Hobby Lobby, drove around shooting pictures for this week’s 52Frames assignment and then home for meatloaf and an episode of Peeky Blinders. 01.17.2018
- Another frosty morning for donning faux fur in which I cleaned house, ran errands and had a dental appointment, gym and pineapple pulled pork tacos for dinner. 01.18.2018
- Chilly temps kept us under the covers most of the morning, dressed for a hike, stopped for breakfast tacos at Taco Cabana, followed the Ron Coleman trail for a steep mountain climb that had both of us huffing and puffing, soaked our sore muscles in the hot tub when we got home, quiet evening. 01.19.2018
- Interesting developments: on my way to bed last night, I banged my left foot on the door frame and bruised it quite badly, possibly broke something then awoke to learn the government has shut down so PC is on holiday until the country’s budget issues are resolved; otherwise a quiet day. 01.20.2018
- Foot hurts which meant a very quiet day but that’s probably what I needed. 01.21.2018
- Foot is better…not really comfy in shoes yet, but on the mend…slept gloriously late after PC left to go sign his furlough papers but still accomplished quite a bit to include gym, cleaning the pool, folding laundry and cooking dinner….ate the last piece of homemade bread which was a particularly good loaf. 01.22.2018
- My word for 2018 is peace and yet this doubt and anxiety and nervousness creep into some days and peace eludes me. 01.23.2018
- How it helps to have a good day when I start it off with my quiet time, devotional and Miracle Morning. 01.24.2018
- Stopped by the William Haddad WWII Memorial Park to have PC’s “Old Glory Memorial” (OGM) brick laid at the base of the 180 foot flagpole there which flies a United States flag 24 hours a day; I think my Prince was genuinely touched…merry Christmas, love. 01.25.2018
- Crazy day which started with a pleasant 4 mile walk with my former AP Suzie and ended in the ER with the diagnosis of a broken foot and possibly broken ankle, guess that’s why my foot has been hurting! 01.26.2018
- Having to lie around forced me to find new ways to entertain myself…installed Photoshop on my laptop and have begun learning to play with it…thank you, Joy at Wild Prairie Studio. 01.27.2018
- Woke up at 2:00 am to realize that PC and I were holding hands in our sleep, went back to sleep with a warm heart and a smile on my face. 01.27 1/2.2018
- These days of lying around with my foot in a boot are too quiet for my taste. 01.28.2018
- From 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, I was at Sports Medicine having the foot re-xrayed, reevaluated; no broken ankle and no surgery required, referral to a podiatrist and prescription for an orthopedic shoe, pizza to celebrate. 01.29.2018
On The Mend
- After my Miracle Morning, spent the day writing letters, blog posts, doing laundry and ironing, even went to the gym to do some arm weights and crunches…got home and the doctor called to say I am only to be on my feet long enough to walk to the bathroom, and have to keep the boot on even in the shower…ah oh. 01.30.2018
- First real day of behaving myself and staying off my foot except when drove over to pick up my new orthopedic shoe..thankfully, much lighter than the boot. 01.31.2018
So, that’s Sentence a Day, 01.2018. Frustrated that as we move into February, I have a bum foot. But thankful that I only have a bum foot. Not sure when I will be able to try on my over-the-knee boots for my prince. Haven’t felt like even opening the package to look at them. At least this new shoe is much more comfortable and manageable than the boot I was wearing. The Velcro on the boot was sticking to everything! It’s a wonder Purrsnickitty and Purrsimmony weren’t stuck to it!
And with all of this newfound time on my hands, I am afraid I will be inundating you with blog posts. But I hope you will find them fun.
On a scale of 1-10, what would you give your January? What was the highlight of your month? Did you do something new and exciting? Overall, my month was an 8. And I am looking forward to an even better February. If you have a Sentence a Day post to share, won’t you link-up with us?
The first days of this month, I have all kinds of posts planned. Hope you will run by tomorrow for an Air B&B review and Glossies Made Me Do It link-up with Lauren at Shooting Stars Mag. Next week we have a book review post for Kristen’s Book by Book series on Taz and Belly, a Wellness Wednesday post with Natalie at Natalie the Explorer and that same day, a Currently post with Anne in Residence. Good stuff. And better with you along!! Thank you for sharing some of you day with me.
Hugs and kisses,