Good Thursday eve, my friends,
Although it’s Thursday, it’s Friday at our house because PC doesn’t have to work tomorrow. We have lots of plans this weekend but I also have lots of blogging to do! First off, today’s post – I was nominated twice for The Sunshine Blogger Award!
Sunshine Blogger Award
This award is kind of like playing Tag. I have been tagged to answer some questions and then I nominate or tag some blogger friends to answer questions that I pose to them.
When you are nominated, here’s what you are asked to do.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and include a link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other blogs and give questions for them to answer.
- Notify your nominees through social media or by commenting on their blog.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
- Where are you going on vacation to this summer? If nowhere, where would your dream vacation be? I don’t think we are going anywhere this summer – BUMMER. Just out the backdoor and into our pool. My daughters asked us to go with them to Disney World but with PC’s job in limbo, we don’t need to spend that money. My dream vacation would be beach…beach anywhere…even Galveston. Just give me some sand, sun and sea.
- What is your favorite beverage (alcoholic, nonalcoholic or both!)? My fav nonalcoholic beverage would be flavored tea, I think. Like peach and raspberry teas. They quench my thirst about better than anything. My favorite alcoholic beverage…hmmm, I like a cold, cold beer…Shock Top or Blue Moon or some of our local brews. I love the taste of Rum Chata and Fireball Whisky but never drink that.
- Do you make a summer bucket list? Yes, I will be making one. It may not have much on it, though. Boo-hoo! But check out some of the bucket lists from summers past, here and here.
- Do you take a blogging break in the summer? Blog more, less, same? I am so all over the place that who knows! I don’t ever take intentional breaks from blogging but LIFE has a way of interrupting my best laid/written plans.
- Perfect/favorite summer date night? Dinner at a patio Mexican restaurant somewhere under the stars, then driving fast (PC driving, me passengering) in the convertible with the top down over the mountain and home.
- What are your favorite items to grab at the Farmers Market during the summer? Soap. Ha! I cannot get PC to eat veggies so I could buy them all day long at a Farmers Market and they would go untouched. He does shower and likes fragrant homemade soap, so that’s what I usually buy.
- If you could have an entire day to yourself, what would you do? I do have days to myself but even though I am ‘to myself’ all of the worries of LIFE tag along with me. I need a day to myself in a time warp or vacuum or on another planet where there is a beach. Then I would probably sleep late, read, ride my boogie board into the waves, take a nap, have a mani, pedi, massage and facial and drink some Rum Chata and Fireball.
- What is your favorite self-indulgence? Probably taking a nap followed closely by buying clothes and shoes. I have too many of both but nothing terribly exorbitant. Still, how many blue tees does one need?
- Do you prefer dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate? Great question. Any or all, please. My favorite being milk chocolate but wouldn’t turn down dark or white.
- What is your favorite type of music to listen to? ’90’s country…Brooks and Dunn, Clint Black, The Judds.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Right here. But would like to have the money to go to the beach when I liked.
- If you received $5,000 what is the first thing you would spend it on? Hmm, I would send a little treat to each of my daughters, probably money rather than objects. I would put a little in savings. Our patio furniture is in bad shape so I think I would replace it. Something aqua or blue to go with the pool tiles. Love this one. Or maybe this with the stools?
- What is the ultimate experience you would love to have as a result of your blog? I think knowing that something I shared helped someone or touched someone in a significant way. I don’t know how that would happen exactly but maybe someone who is feeling lost as they enter retirement might find some hopefulness in some of the posts I have shared about my own struggles.
- How long do you envision yourself blogging? Depends on the day…sometimes I think I need to quit – what am I doing this for? And then other times I remember that I am doing this for myself, to encourage me to write. So if I take a break or forget to post for a certain series, or my blog never amounts to anything more than an outlet for writing, it’s all ok.
- Who is another blogger you would love to meet in person? I am so shy and awkward that I would be really nervous to meet anyone. What would I wear? What would I talk about? I have developed a friendship with Carrie at Curly, Crafty Mom so would love to meet her, if I could be sure to come off sane and normal. And Dani at Family.Love.Inspiration. They feel like daughters to me and I am more comfortable around youngsters than gals my age. And you, sweet Laura!!
- What is one thing on your bucket list? Writing and publishing a children’s book. Although, I am losing steam and interest. Not sure it will ever happen.
- What is your favorite holiday and why? My favorite holiday is probably – huh, I started typing Thanksgiving and then Halloween popped into my head. Apparently, I don’t know. I love having family around for Thanksgiving but it is pretty sad and depressing when it is just the 2 of us. And Halloween is only fun if you dress up and act like a kid. My girls had some pretty clever Halloween costumes growing up – never a store bought outfit with a plastic mask. And I like being in costume, too!
I am nominating the 3 Ds – Dani at Family.Love.Inspiration, Dara at Not in Jersey and Deb at Deb’s World. These gals are so good to visit my blog, and I appreciate their sweet support. Pretty sure they will see they’ve been nominated by reading this post but if not, I will give them a holler.
My Questions for Dani, Dara and Deb
- What is the target audience for your blog? And why it is your target audience?
- How did you decide to begin blogging?
- What would be the best compliment you could receive? What is a compliment you receive often?
- Miss America question: If you could do something to change the world, what would it be?
- What is something you are sentimental about?
- What are you looking forward to in the next few months?
- Where is your favorite place to be?
- Who is your fashion or style muse? Whose style do you most admire?
- Describe the kind of mother you are. How are you the same or different from your own mom?
- Name 3 things you are/have been passionate about in your life.
Hope you will play along and enjoy doing so. I so look forward to getting to know the 3 of you a little better.
In addition to my 3 blogging buddies, YOU are cordially invited to answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions, too. Leave your answers in a comment below. Can’t wait to learn more about YOU!
Wishing everyone a quick Friday and a great kick-off to the weekend. What do you have going on?
Hugs and kisses,