Linking up with Anne in Residence for her Currently series. Currently posts always go live on the first Wednesday of the month. Or, ahem, a few days later.
Today’s post is all about what we are currently appreciating, considering, experiencing, posting, and wishlisting. And then I am throwing in a spring goals update, free of charge. You’re welcome!!
…my brother Kevin and my sister Valerie who are tag-teaming it this week caring for my mom. Kevin lives in Lexington and has the bulk of the responsibility for taking care of mom day-to-day. Valerie took off this week to go up and help Kevin while mom is back in the hospital. I am so blessed to have such loving siblings.
…a new bathing suit at Academy. Have been wearing tankinis but really don’t like the way the tops come up when I swim. Nobody needs to see the tummy on this mermaid. Was in Academy last weekend where I saw a few one piece suits that had skirts attached to them or at least longer piece of fabric that would cover up my back porch. This one included.
Or maybe a one piece with a little skirt or board short over it?
…daughter and granddaughter withdrawal. Missing both of my babies and both of their babies. I have mentioned that PC’s job is moving to Virginia or Maryland and we don’t want to move. As it is, Brennyn is 600 miles away but I only see her 2-3 times a year. And Lauren is 225 miles away but I see her only every couple of months. Imagine if we moved to the east coast?
…well, this post! And my spring bucket list post, with updates coming on 04.21 and 05.21. You can join us with a summer bucket list post on 06.21. Mark those calendars, girls! I am also trying very hard to stay ahead on my blog reading, writing and commenting.
…I really don’t usually keep a wish list. At least not a proper list. Probably because I never wish that big. My wishes are usually affordable things that I buy for myself. However, there are a few items on the Get Your Pretty On spring capsule wardrobe shopping list that I didn’t have. Ha, how about that…just ‘a few things’ I didn’t have!
- Midi-length denim skirt. Actually, Alison at Get Your Pretty On suggested an olive skirt but I think denim would be more versatile. I have 2 above-the-knee skirts but want a longer one. Maybe like this one from Target – the price is definitely right, or this one from Free People or this one from Tommy Hilfiger, if my ship comes in. But I think my favorite is this one on my Amazon wish list.
- Another item on the spring capsule wardrobe is a pair of tortoise shell sunnies. I usually like to try on my sunglasses…don’t know why, I have no idea what I am looking for or at!! But these are certainly reasonably priced. How awful could they look?
- While I have 3 scarf hangers full of scarves, Alison shared these cute little kerchief-sized scarves that are trending this spring. They come in lots of prints and color combinations. This is just one I love.
- Last but not least is a khaki trench coat. I have a yellow raincoat…does that count? Not exactly, huh? Number one, it never rains in El Paso so I don’t use it much but would I use a trench any more often than I do my raincoat? Still, khaki is a lot more neutral. And most winter days, a trench would be just enough of a coat. I can justify buying about anything!!
- I have some random other items on my list like this photography backdrop and stand, some hair clips for use with my curling wand, and 3 books, Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (that all of you have been praising), Women Talking by Mirian Toews (which I hope my virtual book club will read) and Go See the Principal: True Tales from the School Trenches by Gerry Brooks.
This is a quick Gerry Brooks video. If you are en educator, I am sure you can relate to his humor.
Spring Goals Update
You might recall that I was doing monthly goals but because I have been gone so much since November, it was very hard to accomplish my goals in one month’s time. Decided to return to seasonal goals with the beginning of spring. My Living Well Planner has pages at the beginning of each month where I list my goals, my plan of attack for accomplishing them, and the potential stumbling blocks to my success. I am actually using those pages to help me! Here are the biggies I want to tackle for spring.
- Run 5k, continue gym and weight-lifting workouts 4X a week. These are also a part of my Wellness Wednesday goals and the 5K made an appearance on my spring bucket list.
- Complete spring cleaning upstairs. Another activity on my spring bucket list. At least I am consistent.
- Find peace for 30 minutes a day. Peace is my word of the year. For the year? Some days it is so evasive. When I begin my day with a few minutes of quiet time, I am at least guaranteed to have that early morning peace. Before the phone begins to ring, the texts start rolling in and my responsibilities demand attention. Working to bring moments of peace throughout each day.
I need to write a word of the year update. Have found some fun ways to relax lately. Hope you will keep an eye open for that upcoming post. Also want to get a fashion haus post written. Love the pieces in the spring capsule wardrobe and have had fun stretching myself a little with new ways to wear some existing pieces in my closet. Reading a good book, Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton, with my virtual book club. Only on chapter 6 which means it could take the rest of the spring at this rate for me to finish the book. But it is delicious. Savory. Spicy. Like a good Cuban meal on a hot, humid summer evening.
Tell me true, what are you currently appreciating, considering, experiencing, posting and wishlisting? Let me know in a comment below. Or add your blog post to Anne’s link-up right here.
TGIF! Happy Fri-YAY, friends. What plans do you have for the weekend? We have baseball, of course, and maybe a 1,000 step hike on Sunday. Thank you for coming by! I am always grateful for the time you spend here with me.
Hugs and kisses,