Good Tuesday morn!
Hurrying to get this recipe post written for my Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup so you can make some in time for dinner tonight. Almost as easy to make as it is to pull up to the McDonald’s drive-through window. Grab your crock pot. I’ll meet you in the kitchen.
Let’s Get Cooking: Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup
There is nothing…NOTHING…PC likes better than a cheeseburger. Really. Nothing. After baseball games on Saturday, he almost always indulges in either a #1 at McD’s or a Wendy’s double cheeseburger, small fry and a Frosty. Not sure on that number as Wendy’s just opened out here near us. Most of the time, I can take them or leave them but eating fast food beats cooking in my book. Except when I have an easy recipe like this one for Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup.
You’ve got your crock pot, now grab these ingredients.
As is per usual when I cook, my recipe is a combination of a couple of recipes I found online. This time I combined Skinny Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup with Life In The Lofthouse Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup. So mine is Leslie’s Skinny Lofthouse (whatever that is) Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup. You can find both of the original recipes here, on my Souper Chili and Stews Pinterest board.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely (PC has a sensitive tummy so I used about a half)
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots (PC doesn’t like big carrots)
- 2 small yellow potatoes (consider them the French fries)
- 1 b ground beef (used ground turkey)
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour (used corn starch)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 can evaporated milk (fat-free evaporated milk)
- 8 oz low fat cheddar or colby cheese
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Chop veggies – onion, celery, carrots (or buy shredded), garlic and saute until tender in a skillet
- Add ground turkey to veggies and brown, add basil, paprika, salt and pepper
- Dump veggies and turkey into crock pot
- Add chopped potatoes (you could use diced frozen hash browns, too)
- Pour in beef broth and allow soup to cook for 2-3 hours on low until potatoes are tender
- Ladle about a 1/4 cup of the hot broth from the crock pot into a small bowl or measuring cup
- Add 2 tablespoons of corn starch to broth to thicken, mix well
- Add thickened broth to can of evaporated milk and mix thoroughly
- Pour milk mixture into crock pot
- Add grated low fat cheese
- Continue to cook for 30 minutes or so on low, until cheese is completely melted
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheese on top
Disregard the number on my scale. I was using full fat cheese because I was lazy and didn’t want to run to the store to get the low fat version. So I used less. Which made my Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup more like a Crock Pot Hamburger Soup.
Do you have a cheeseburger soup recipe you can share? I am sure PC would encourage me trying any and all versions. We are still on what he calls ‘soup diet’ so please share your favorite cheeseburger or any kind of soup recipe in a comment below.
If you try this recipe, please let me know. PC really liked it and for a few days, we skipped McD’s. Apparently, cheeseburgers are part of the soup diet.
Ok, all this talk about cheeseburgers and soup is making me hungry. And I haven’t accomplished nary a thing today so I have a lot to do before PC gets home. Be sure to run by The Blended Blog for today’s “Tasty Tuesday” post and link-up.
And thank you for spending a bit of your day with me!
Hugs and kisses,