Can you believe we are knee-deep in fall, ya’ll? It has already been a month since I shared my autumn bucket list with you, and linked-up with 20 or so of my closest bloggin’ buds in the process. If you missed that post or the posts of my bbbs’ (best blogging buddies), you might want to start here, first.
If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you know I have been traveling more than I have been home this month. Thank goodness, I put those trips on my bucket list. Not so that I would accomplish them but so I was guaranteed to achieve at least 2 activities on my list. Because we were going to Germany and the Men’s Senior Baseball World Series whether school kept or not…as my mother would say.
Will be working the week after we get back from Phoenix and then I hope to have some quiet time in my very own house. Need to be home to accomplish a lot of what’s on my bucket list. That being said, let’s see where I stand one month in.
Autumn Bucket List Update
- Whirlwind trip to Germany. Oh, yeah, done son. It was indeed a whirlwind but full of beautiful sights and flavors and brand-new experiences. Debating whether to write a post or two about our trip. Might seem a little like inviting friends over to watch a slide show of our summer vacation. Most people avoid those invites at all cost. But here’s a little sampling of our trip: Dachau, a cafe in Dachau with a book chandelier, Berchtesgaden, a traditional Bavarian meal (at a restaurant where we have never eaten), Garmisch, Garmisch again, on the drive to Baden-Baden.
- A week supporting my favorite baseball player for Senior Men’s World Series in Phoenix. In the midst of this as I type. Will share more in next month’s update. But here we are on our way.
This was the first photo I took as we headed out. I showed it to PC saying ‘does this look like the face of a man leaving for a week of doing what he loves doing best…baseball?’ I gave him a sec for an attitude adjustment and then took this pic.
Now that’s better.
Sprinkling Autumn About
As you have probably gathered after spending any length of time hanging out with me here, I am technology-challenged. Actually, I can use technology fairly well for an old broad. But my various pieces of technology give me fits! FITS! Remember when my laptop space bar and the letters ‘O’ and ‘P’ quit working? Well, now the lens in my Samsung phone is cracked. And so the photos I am taking with my camera are various degrees of blurry and fuzzy. And my good Sony camera is giving me a message that there is something wrong with the memory card, and it promptly shuts off. So the photos of my decorating are really awful. But I have a new lens coming for my phone and hope to remedy the memory card situation with my camera this weekend. Then I will try again.
- Decorate the inside of the house for fall. Work in progress. I love doing this. Got the boxes of fall decor down before I left for Germany but didn’t get things decorated until we got home. Here’s what I have so far.
- Decorate around the outside of the house for fall. Work in progress. Just dabbled at this before we left for Phoenix. More to come here, as well.
Working on Me
- Work back to running 3 miles (given my leg holds out) and run 5K. Pending. I did move my printed copy of the directions for building up to a 3K from the frig where they have been hanging to the treadmill. Ha! And we’ve gone to the gym 4 times in Phoenix where I ran a mile+ each time. But that’s a long way from running a 5k.
- Hike twice. Pending.
- Create several fall looks from fall and work wear challenges. Pending.
- Appointment for lowlights to blend away gray. Done.
- Have monthly manicures without tips or gel polish. And done.
Flavors of Fall
- Sample something pumpkiny twice a month. On-going. Here area few of the pumpkin delicacies sampled so far. Pumpkin pretzel and pumpkin soup in Germany.
- UTEP football game. Pending.
- Food trucks. Pending.
- Try two new restaurants. Work in progress. Of course, everywhere we ate in Germany was new to us except the meal we had at McDonald’s. And even then, we’d never been to that McD’s before. But when I added this activity to my list, I really had in mind trying two new restaurants in El Paso.
As the Temps Dip
- Create Christmas garland for stairs. Work in progress. I bought the fabric before I left for Phoenix. That was the painful part. Geez, fabric is expensive. By golly, I better make this garland. Or eat the fabric.
- Fire in the fire pit. Pending.
Spirit of Gratitude
- Pay it forward. Kinda. One of the players, Jeff, on PC’s baseball team in Phoenix commented on the Auggie Pullman “Choose Kind” canvas tote I used to carry my cross-stitch to the games. Auggie is the main character in the children’s book Wonder by R.J. Palacio. If you haven’t read this book, you need to. Even if you aren’t a child. Even if you don’t have a child. Anyway, Jeff went on to say how much he and his daughter loved the book. So I recommended a couple similar titles. One-Handed Catch by Mary Jane Auch and Firegirl by Tony Abbott. You can check out my reviews in an earlier post, here. So, back to pay it forward. I always love to reward readers with more books to read. I asked Jeff for his daughter’s name and address in order to send her these two titles to read. Does that count as pay it forward?
- Donate food for Thanksgiving. Pending.
- Have house painted, carpets cleaned and scrub house from top to bottom. Ha! Yeah, right. Nowhere near. PENDING. Yup, in all caps.
All things considered, I think I am on track with my autumn bucket list. PC has promised we can stay right here in our little house all weekend so I can catch up on laundry, work on my garland, and just enjoy sleeping in my very own bed.
Did you create an autumn bucket list or maybe a fall to-do list? How’s your progress coming? Is there something you are beginning to think might not happen in the next two months as we approach winter? Share your list in a comment below, or if you are a blogger, link-up with here.
Please stop by the blogs of my bbbs and show them some love. And keep in mind, we’ll be right back here on 11.21 for another update and on 12.21 to share our winter bucket lists.
Hope to have a “Spiritual Sunday” post put together this weekend and a recipe ready for “Tasty Tuesday”. As always, my loves, thank you for spending time with me.
Hugs and kisses,