Happy Sunday, girlsies!
Writing today to share progress on my 2018 winter bucket list. And there is not a lot of activity to report! You probably don’t even need to sit down to read this one, it’ll be so quick. Have decided that while my winter bucket list was not as specific as my other lists have been (autumn, summer and spring), it has been harder to get excited about. Maybe I need specifics like ‘feed some ducks’, ‘begin Bible journaling’, ‘make crepes’ (none of which happened from autumn’s list, however) to guide me. On this season’s list I said ‘continue work on craft projects’ which is kind of a snooze fest. Do you know what I mean? Does that make sense? I’m going to perfect this bucket list writing business one way or the other! Stick around.
2018 Winter Bucket List
Here’s a reminder of the items on this winter’s list.
I feel like I’ve already blown it in so many ways. Ugh. Can we just move on to spring?
- Make Grandma Rosebrough’s cinnamon and orange rolls. Should have done this before starting Weight Watchers. Maybe I will make some and then send them to work with PC.
- Clean house from top to bottom to include purging closet. Well, I took my faux fur vest out of the closet to purge, then tried it on, wore it, fell back in love with it and hung it back in the closet. And that’s the extent of the work toward completing this activity.
- Transfer our homemade wine into bottles to ferment. That is slated for PC’s birthday, 02.28.18. So not a lost cause yet.
A Family Affair
- Take a picture with all the girls. We were all together for two days the first of this month. I took pictures of Lauren, Lucia, Brennyn and Cady but we don’t have a single photo of the five of us together. Might have to photoshop this into fruition.
- Plan a special weekend with PC. Last night, I started looking on the Internet for places we could go for a romantic get-away. Was thinking how beautiful Durango, Colorado would be this time of year. Nixed that when I remembered how PC dislikes snow. When we woke up this morning, the government had shut down, which means PC won’t be going to work for now. Which means PC won’t be getting a paycheck until he does go to work. Which means, for now, we need to pretend our house is a bed and breakfast.
- Skype with Cady and Lucia. I have done this once with each baby since we were last together over the holidays. More to come.
Crafty Like a Fox
- Become more confident with my camera. Have made a little headway on this. Signed up for the 52Frames photo challenge. Will share some of my photos in a future post. But the prompt for this week was ‘leading lines’. They are explained on 52Frames as “… lines [that] often point to a specific subject, for example, a person, or a vanishing point in the background but sometimes the lines just lead your eye into the photo.” I haven’t submitted my photo for this prompt yet but here are a couple of shots I took trying to use leading lines.
- Continue work on my craft projects. Have been cross stitching. Set aside the mosaic for a bit because I am scrapbooking a lot right now. Still working on finishing up photos from last Christmas. Want to do our trip to Germany before it becomes a blur. And this Christmas, and all of the recent Easters. Now that’s what I should have written as my activity! This a picture of the scrapbook page I am working on right now.
- Attend a craft class. Ok, I wore my faux fur vest to Hobby Lobby for painting class last Wednesday only to get there and discover that classes are postponed until February. Will try again next month.
Beauty and the Beast
- Try 5 new Weight Watchers recipes; track points M-F. Shared a delicious recipe for Italian turkey and spaghetti squash casserole, here. Have more recipes for Tasty Tuesdays in the near future. I’ve tracked my points for 10 days. And only gained .2 pounds. Impressive.
- Get back to lifting weights 4X a week…keep track. Off to a slow start but this week we did lift weights 3 times, I think. Obviously not keeping very good track. But check out my new active wear. It’s great for lazy days at home.
- Continue with Miracle Morning, read Finding Your Balance. Yup, but want to do this more faithfully over the weeks to come.
Writing on the Wall
- Add two new lessons to my Teachers Pay Teachers store. Not yet.
- Create a blogging schedule and follow it. Girls, I have indeed done this. Yessiree Bob! Put all of the link-ups into my Erin Condren planner for the whole year and have penciled in my own posts as well. How’d ya like them apples?
- Write my mom a letter with pictures several times a month. My first letter went out a week ago with photos from Christmas and my trip to Albuquerque. Making homemade bread this weekend from the yeast starter that was my mother’s grandmother’s. Will send photos of my bread in my next letter.
So, see what I mean? That’s my first 2018 winter bucket list update. Not exactly setting the world on fire over here. And last night I hit my left foot on the bathroom door frame. May or may not have broken it. Bruised and swollen til I can’t get on shoes. Will see how she looks in the morning. But this may further damper my progress for a bit.
Tell me true, did you make a winter bucket list? How are you faring on the activities you planned to undertake? With 2 more months of winter to go, we are both sure to have great progress to report on our next update, 02.21.2018.
Please take a moment to check out the updates of my bucket list blogging buddies. And if you have a bucket list post to share, link-up with us below.
In the coming week, I hope to have a few more posts put together. Maybe even another visit to my fashion haus. Hope you will stop back by when you have a moment. Have a safe, warm week, sweet friends.
Hugs and kisses,