Girls, we are already beyond mid-summer! Which means it is time for the first update on my 2018 summer bucket list. To tell the truth, I just printed it out today to stick on the frig because I had forgotten what was on the list.
Good thing I did, right? Not a moment too soon, considering I had this update to do! Here’s my list of 2018 summer bucket list activities.
Relieved to be reminded that there are only 15 activities on this season’s list. Here’s how I’ve fared so far.
2018 Summer Bucket List: Update, 07.2018
- Attend Brennyn and Mustafa’s wedding celebration. We did! It was beautiful. But we still don’t have the professional photos to show off. It’s been a month for pity sake! Here are a couple of photos we took, though.
- Buy colorful pots to set out in the rock gardens. Pending. Did find a little shop that sells what I have in mind. Now to persuade PC to go look with me. That’s going to take some doing because he says I kill anything planted in a pot.
- Celebrate the girls’ birthdays. Pending. Cady’s birthday is 07.28, Brennyn’s 07.30 and Lauren’s 07.31. Ka-ching! Expensive month for this mom. Looks like my girls won’t be here for their special days but we have been together quite a bit lately.
- Date hop downtown. Pending. I have a feeling this might be happening for our belated 10th anniversary. My Prince has agreed to plan our anniversary date. He’s so good.
- Family photo. Yes! Have been trying for several years. It isn’t a professional photo but I will take it. Love my fam.
- Host summer book club. Yes! We are on our third book, girls. It is crazy. Just loved our second choice, Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate. If you haven’t read it, please think about checking it out.
- Movie at Alamo Drafthouse. Pending. But our old Carmike 16 was recently purchased and refurbished by AMC, and it is de-luxe! Reclining, HEATED chairs. Lots of room in the aisles. New refreshments. We saw “Ant-Man and the Wasp”. Not my cup of tea but the popcorn was delicious.
- Participate in the summer style challenge and share 3 outfits. Done, son! The capsule pieces for the GYPO 2018 summer style challenge were especially cute. Shared a couple of outfits in this post, here. Have another post style coming up from my fashion haus, very soon.
- Plan special anniversary celebration. Pending. Our 10th anniversary was 07.11.2018. We have an anniversary of our wedding blessing ceremony in September, which might be when we finally get to celebrate.
- Plant cactuses and succulents. Oh, yeah, baby. And bonus…they are still alive.
Click on images to see my pretties up close.
- Take part in dance classes, a 5K or some other physical activity. Pending. When I wrote this, was kind of thinking PC and I could register for line dance at the community college. Need to hit him up with this idea.
- Try 3 new restaurants. Pending. My friend Whitney at Whitney a la Mode has been trying the grooviest restaurants in her area. I want to find some new, quaint eating establishments in the 9-1-5.
- Visit a winery or attend Tap and Cork. When my sister visited, we lunched at St. Claire Winery and Bistro and sampled some of their wares. Tap and Cork is coming up in August.
- Watch sunset from Transmountain. Pending.
- Water activity in Ft. Worth. Might have to nix this one. We had planned to take Cady and Lucia to a water park a couple of days after the wedding festivities but the weather was most uncooperative. We did go to the pool but that wasn’t exactly what I had in mind.
This post is short and sweet because I haven’t accomplished that much for this summer bucket list update, 07.2018! But for the next time we get together for a summer bucket list update, 08.2018, you’ll need to pack a snack to enjoy while you read about all I will have completed.
Did you create a bucket list of sorts for the summer? If so, how are you doing on your list? Even if you didn’t make an official list, have you accomplished or enjoyed some activities you were hoping to get to this season? Inspire me with your progress in a comment below.
And if you are a blogger with a bucket list/summer fun post to share, please click on the frog to link-up with us.
Start thinking about your autumn bucket lists, too. After all, Walmart and Hobby Lobby both have fall and Christmas decor going up already. I look forward to autumn each year but can’t begin to think about Christmas. It was 105*F here today!
Enjoy your weekend. Thank you for spending a bit of it here with me.
Hugs and kisses,