Amigas y amores, welcome!
It seems only fitting, since it is February, that the blog be sprinkled with posts about love this month! Starting today with 14 Questions All About 😍Love😍! So glad the gals at The Blended Blog are continuing their TBB Asks series into the new year. These Q&A posts are fun to write and hopefully, fun to read!
TBB Asks, 02.2018
Just looking at these questions now, as I write this post. Going to go with my gut answers and try not to think too hard. Which always gets me into trouble.
1. Kisses or hugs? Both. But if I have to pick, hugs. Somehow it is more appropriate for people to hug one another. I can hug PC, the girls, their princes, my friends, children at school, principals, my doctors, friends’ princes. The same can’t be said about kissing.
2. Candy or flowers? Generally, flowers. Gut instinct. Final answer. But PC did surprise me with a cute box of chocolates just yesterday. So sweet. I color his world. Let me show you.
3. Baking or cooking? I cook. But I also love to bake and eat baked goods. We are just perpetually trying to lose weight over here.
4. Do you remember your first kiss? First ever? Criminy. I do remember. It was 1971 or 1972, depending on if it was fall or winter. A group of us was playing “Seven Minutes in Heaven”at Vicki Morgan’s house. I had never played any kissing game before (or since). Kevin Brebaugh from the Baptist Children’s Home landed on me and took me into the closet for seven minutes in heaven. My first kiss…and it was a French kiss. I didn’t know what a French kiss was. I screamed. And gagged just a little. Que romantica. Do you remember that night, my sweet BFF Sharon?
5. Favorite color of roses? Gut instinct here…yellow.
6. Conversation hearts, yes or no? Not to eat. I do have a couple I have kept. One reads “Once Upon a Time”. It’s in my car console.
7. Do you leave love notes? Absolutely. For PC. For my mom when I leave her. Sometimes for my girls and for Cady who can read. I almost always send a text after I have been out with someone (not a date!), but like with a pal for lunch. I will tell them that I care about them and enjoyed our time together. Here are the directions to make this framed little message board.
8. Do you decorate for Valentine’s Day? Not like I do for fall or spring, Christmas or Halloween. And this year, because of my limited mobility, I have just thrown some hearts around the kitchen and my garland in the general direction of the mantel.
9. Red or pink? Green. Not a choice? Then pink.
10. Milk, white or dark chocolate? Milk, followed by dark. What is the point of white chocolate. Like white gold? What is the point? If you want white gold get silver. If you’re having chocolate, it should be brown.
11. Do you believe in love at first sight? Love? Not really. Big, big lust, yes. I thought PC was the handsomest guy I’d ever hugged when we first met.
12. Do you give humorous or serious Valentine cards? Cute. Not sexy-ish, just cute and sweet and pure as the driven snow.
13. Favorite chick flick or romantic movie? Probably “When Harry Met Sally”. So tempted to over-think this one. Can I just add “500 Days of Summer”, “Shakespeare in Luft” (as we say in our language at home), “Sleepless in Seattle” and for my cool, hip answer “Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World”.
14. Stay in or go out? Ok, confession. I am not all that crazy about Valentine’s Day. I would rather have PC tell me in a special way on August 14 that he loves me. Or leave me a message tomorrow on our love note board. It’s like peer pressure or Hallmark pressure to profess your love in big, expensive ways on February 14. So, we will go out on February 10 instead.
I have a few plans for our Valentine’s date on Saturday. Whatever we do, I know we’ll have fun because we will be together. After all, it’s all about love.
How would you answer these questions? Hugs or kisses? Candy or flowers? Favorite romantic movie? Please share in a comment below along with your plans for la dia de amor!
Thank you for spending a little of your day right here with me. Hope your week is all about love.
Hugs and kisses,