Today’s post is a quick link-up with the gals at The Blended Blog for another of their “TBB Asks” series. We are talking all about spring. Has it sprung yet in your neck of the enchanted forest? I thought we were well into spring last week and just like that *snap*, we are back to chilly days and cold nights and 45 mph winds. So, where you see references below to temps in the upper 80s, that was before we blinked this week!
Who knows, before this post goes live, spring might be back again. Sure hope so!
14 Questions About All Things Spring: TBB Asks
Wherever you are, no matter the weather, why don’t you grab a refreshing drink – a lemonade, sparkling water, smoothie – pretend it’s spring and join me on the patio for a look at my answers to these questions. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
1. What 3 colors remind you most of spring? Cotton candy, duckling down, and peach fuzz.
2. What is the first thing you’d add to your wardrobe in spring? This spring, I am trying to keep my clothing purchases under control, but have purchased a pair of skinny camos from Loft and a cute pink tee with embroidery on the pocket from Target.
3. What is the first wardrobe item you ditch in spring? Probably sweat pants and socks. You’re welcome, PC.
4. Who mows the grass where you live? PC, my personal yard boy. I would willingly help but he would prefer to do it on his own. Do you think he’s trying to tell me something about my yard work skills?
5. What’s spring like where you live? Spring here is a lot more like summer in other parts of the country. We go from cool to hot. Like Mother Nature flips a switch. Have had 3 close to 90* days this first week of spring. Oh, and wind. Terrible, patio furniture-upending, wind.
6. What’s your favorite thing about spring? When I worked, knowing that the end of the school year was near. Now days, I think it is the hope and rebirth that comes with spring. Everything is new and young again. Even a 60 year-old gabba=grandma.
7. Are you a spring cleaner? Is the Pope Catholic? Check out my top 10 spring cleaning tips and tools, here.
8. Are you a baseball fan? I am since marrying my Prince. Go “50 and over” El Paso Yankees!
9. Tulips or daffodils? We can’t grow either, here, very well. I like the various colors of tulips but the shape of daffodils. But my favorites would be pansies and snapdragons.
10. Favorite outdoor spring activity? Anything outdoors…walking, hiking, bike riding, and once the water warms up, skinny dipping. Kidding, kidding…just checking to see if you were paying attention.
11. Flowers in the ground or in pots? Both, but not many of either. Cactuses, instead.
12. Favorite bird? Probably humming.
13. Car wash or wash vehicles at home? Car wash but not often enough.
14. When do you pull out your sandals? Any minute. Almost wore some flip-flops today.
Well, if it wasn’t warm and sunny when you began this post, is it now? Seems like the weather everywhere has been on a roller coaster lately.
How would you answer these questions all about spring? What’s your favorite spring activity? When do you pull out the sandals? Won’t you pick a couple of these questions to answer in a comment below?
If you haven’t checked out my 2018 spring bucket list post, you can read my big plans for the season, right here. We will be sharing updates on our spring bucket lists on 04.21 and 05.21. You are cordially invited to visit again then, and any time, actually. Lots planned for the blog this week. Hurry back!
Hugs and kisses,