Today The Blended Blog asks: “How do you cozy?” To which I answer, I cozy just fine, thank you! With gusto and enthusiasm, I might add. In fact, I’d say cozy is something I do naturally and something I try to incorporate into my house, my wardrobe. All areas of my life. Here’s some examples of how.
10 Questions Asking How Do You Cozy
1. Slippers: Yes or no? Official slippers, no. But those woolly warm socks, yes. You know the ones. They have treads on the soles. Kind of like the message on these socks below. And guess how much for the Guccis? At that price, they should be Swarovski crystal slippers.
2. What is your favorite blanket? My favorite type of blanket is the kind they have in the hospitals. The waffle weave, lightweight cotton blankets, like this one, that the nurses throw into some kind of microwave-type warmer and wrap you in after surgery. The blanket on our bed is silky-ish on one side and furry on the other. Purrsimmony likes to milk and suck on the furry side. My sweet baby girl.
I also have a favorite nap blanket folded on the bench at the foot of our bed, a gift from my BFF Sharon, embroidered in green with my initials.
And I have a favorite softy curl-up-in-my-loft blankie that Purrsimmony and Purrsnickitty both like to lie on when we are enjoying quiet time in the mornings. It was a retirement gift from some of my teacher friends.
3. Thin or thick pillow? Thick with down. Think puffer pillow. And striped ticking, please. Those can be hard to find these days. But check out this crazy website! Would you have guessed there are folks that would buy your or my old, slobbery pillow ticking? Oh, the money I’ve thrown away!!
4. Favorite warm beverage? PSL…pumpkin spice lattes; chai tea; rich, whipped cream topped Mexican hot chocolate. Try my recipe for Mexican cocoa, here. It’s sure to become one of your favorite warm beverages.
5. Robe: Yes or no? Once upon a time, in another life, I had a fluffy white terry cloth robe not unlike the ones at day spas and resort hotels. But it had very long sleeves that got dragged through every breakfast plate and dunked into every morning cup of coffee. So I need a new robe. Can you guess which of these would be kindest to my limited budget?
6. Favorite comfort snack food(s)? Nuts! And a spoonful of…peanut butter. Bet you thought I was going to say sugar. Nothing better than a spoonful of chunky Jif.
7. Movies or TV series binge? Rarely either one. Once in a blue moon, we will find a TV series we like and will watch it about as fast as we can from start to finish. But my PC is a movie-lover. We don’t go as often as we used to and we don’t watch movies on DVD like we once did, but generally he would say movies over TV. I would say Bachelor/ette trumps everything. Have been watching the second season of “The Handmaid’s Tale” for months. With the same speed I read the book! Check it out on Hulu.
8. Actual PJ’s or leggings? Ha! I saw $4.99 leggings at Walmart today and wondered what that was all about. They came in lots of busy patterns and colors…wonder if that’s what hip and happenin’ gals these days are wearing to sleep? Being a grandmother and former librarian, I wear PJs or nightgowns. Haven’t given up entirely and gone flannel but some flannel pajamas could be in my future.
9. Do you cozy up on the couch or a chair? We have a reclining sofa with a console between the two seats. PC sits on the left seat and I sit on the right. Our laptops are plugged into the console, which also has drink holders and a little ‘cubby’ for remotes. If I am really tired, I will get a throw and curl up on my side of the couch to watch TV.
10. Hoodie, T-shirt or sweater? Depends on what I am doing. Cardis for work and dates or going out. T-shirts often paired with a cardi. Hoodies or pull-over sweatshirts for working out or hanging out.
In my mind, and heart, for that matter, cozy can be a lot of things. All of the things the gals at TBB asked about above…a well loved blanket, a favorite pillow, a snuggly robe. But it’s more than adjective to describe ‘things’. Cozy it is a texture, and a touch, and a feeling. I hope cozy is the feeling people get from being in my home. Or being on the receiving end of my hugs. Or sitting at my dinner – make that, supper – table.
What’s cozy to you? How do you cozy? Robe? Slippers? Coffee? Cocoa? Won’t you share your cozy in a comment below?
Then please come back and cozy up here later in the week for Sentence a Day, Thursday and Glossies Made Me Do It, Friday. Sure appreciate your company. It makes me feel cozy inside.
Hugs and kisses,