Not to worry, I do realize this isn’t the 10th. See that asterisk in the title? Put that there to signify that while this is a 10 on the 10th post, I am sharing mine on the 12th of April. Not doing so to be rebellious or defiant or anything but just because life got in the way on the 10th and the 11th.
Linking-up with Erin at Simple Purposeful Living (formerly Perfectly Port Family) for this post and series. And not to be nit-picky but her post actually went live on the 9th. So, I am not that far out of line over here! I am envious of her item #6. Check it out, here. I might buy one and start riding in the back seat, having PC chauffeur me about like the princess I think I am. Going to be making a first aid kit for my car, too, in the very near future.
Sometimes (read – A LOT), I think I must march to a different drummer. Because the many of the items in my car are not functional but sentimental, instead. Not sure of my thinking (or lack thereof) as to how a old Christmas ornament will help me if I have car trouble. Read on to see what I mean.
10 Items in My Car: 10 on the 10th*
Revealing the contents of my car, not in order of their importance, but in the order in which I snapped the photos.
- Travel-size? (usually meaning airplane) bottle of citrus-flavored vodka. Not sure where it came from. Have never had citrus-flavored vodka in my life. Probably useful if I was stuck in a snowstorm somewhere. But that’s highly unlikely to happen anywhere that I would be driving from my home in west Texas.
- Make-shift first aid kit. This is what I currently use as a catch-all for Band-aids, hand sanitizer, Dramamine, tooth flossers, children’s Benadryl? (your guess is as good as mine), hairbrushes X2 and a comb for hair emergencies (daily), and a lint (kitty fur) roller. Isn’t my Thirty-One storage tote cute?
- Make-up bag. Had kinda forgotten it was in here. Not much of a make-up gal. Probably explains why I had forgotten about this pouch. Ha!
- With this photo, we are getting down to the nitty-gritty. The milky-colored heart was given to me by a dear friend, Susie. It has a guardian angel inside. The green heart was attached to a key chain that my son-in-law Francisco’s mom gave to me. The heart broke off but was too pretty to throw away. And the large gem is a ‘diamond’ with which a former student presented me. Now to get a setting worthy of such a stone!
- More treasures. Beautiful quartz. Visor cross given to me by a teacher-friend, Cindy. Won’t stay on my visor. Love the message. And my prayer coin. Another uplifting message.
- Precious mementos. Especially the note on orange paper from Lauren aka Buffy aka Buff. A book thong, not to be confused with a flip-flop or panty. To mark my place when I am reading on the road. These drives to Albuquerque can be monotonous. “Itsy Bitsy Spider” booklet because I was a librarian. “Once Upon a Time” booklet because, well, ditto. And, have you seen the name of my blog?
- My step-son Matt’s high school graduation medal. Go, Matt. Go, Andress Eagles.
- Pine cone given me by Cady on one of our walks together. Hair bow Brennyn made for Cady that was left behind on one of their visits to my house and rides in my car. I see kitty fur on it. Where’s that lint roller?
- The Christmas ornament mentioned above. This was given to me before Cady’s first Christmas in 2010 by my friend Susie. I hung it from my rear view mirror for a long time. Now it just rides inside the console.
- Boring necessities. Fix-a-flat, q portable air compressor for basically the same purpose, can of spray-on sunscreen, Armorall and some other can of something. Should have looked at it, huh?
You might remember, a few weeks ago, before he left for Germany, my PC and I had a discussion about my hoarding tendencies. I guess this post supports his opinion. But in some ways, supports mine, too. Because, while I am holding on to a bunch of little keepsakes, look how neatly they are contained in my car. So, that makes us both right in this on-going discussion. Right?
So, you’ve seen the items in my car. Now it’s your turn to share. What would be found in your automobile if I were to take a peek? Won’t you share a description of your most prized item in a comment below?
One parting shot. I know I am already at 10 items in my car, but I am a Type A personality. So, please indulge me this eleventh pic. Consider it extra credit.
Proud alum of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville and Delta Delta Delta. Salute!
Thank you for joining me today, the 12th of April, for this 10 on the 10th* post. Hope you will stop by to read the posts of some of the other gals linking-up for this series. Start right here with Erin!
Hugs and kisses,